Path in Sago-Field

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to our virtual Garden Club. Join the discussion in our growing community.

Register for your free membership today!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I didn't like seeing this section wit no post. I have been trading post cards on a wonderful forum. Today I got this one from Japan. It is so peacful looking to me. Thought I would share the view. It is a garden in Kyota Japan. My grandson has been keeping track of the cards we get on a nice wall map of the world. Great fun for kids and gardeners...If you would like the link to the site send me a PM.

Attachments

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Debe, that looks like Bamboo canes. Did you know that Bamboo grows 12 inches a day? The sewing mill that I am employed by...when we're not on lay-off... sews garments that the material is made of Bamboo. It's suppose to be the new "going green" in clothing material. I do have to say, it sure is soft material.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
It is really wonderful picture Kay and Peggy...isn't it...has to be my fav so far that we have gotten...
Yes Gloria I know this...I do like bamboo...but it gets so out of control so fast...so I never want it in my yard...

cassiegerald

Does anyone know of someone that has bamboo to share,,all I want is a section,,they say that just a section will sprout at both ends,I want it to pot it and make a house plant out of it,,,,thank you for your time and kindness,,take care God bless you and your loved ones,,Cassie

PRH

Were you guys aware that bamboo ( as a house plant ) is a form of a Bonsai plant? - that is 100% true - * bamboo is hard to get started.( at least I have found so ) I have had several plants over the last several years and currently,I'm down to just 1 stalk ( and it's been the same for going on 4 years now ) Kinda boring plant,but very nice to see! ( I have found that they really don't like to stand in the same water and if you change the water weekly,you will have better luck by having the plant around for a longer period of time ) :)

* I have had bamboo plants in pots btw,but they always seem to do better by just being in an open pot/vase and the water changed every week faithfully! *

- just passing on alittle tip that works for me -

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
I have never grown it myself. Had a neighbor who did and it took over their yard in a short time. Never thought of growing it as a house plant.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com