Pest question

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

smackem

OK so im new to growing outdoors a few of my plants are squash carrots cucumbers tomatoes pumpkins and beans. is there a spray i can spary on them to keep them protected in general that wont ruin the food?

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
You best thing to do is keep an eye on the plaants and not just spray willy nilly...there is a good hot pepper spray you can make for pests if you find any ...also you can plant some borage...marigolds and other plants that help with bug control.....

smackem

hello and thank you

Nice to meet you ive been using this handle (Smackem) for YEARS. I live in Orlando FL so im not exactly sure the zone i think its 9 or something up there.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pyola is a great spary , in addition Lowe's has a line of organic sprays. Greenlight products carry neem oil which I have had success with. I plant marigolds around my garden !

jamesclarke160

OK so im new to growing outdoors a few of my plants are squash carrots cucumbers tomatoes pumpkins and beans. is there a spray i can spary on them to keep them protected in general that wont ruin the food?

It is not all about spraying you need to control certain factors that determine growth of pests. It is better to take advice of some pest control expert

Bannetsmith

I know you have little experience about it but you are not expert in this field according to my opinion. I think you should
use sprays and fertilizers to remove pests and bugs in your plants and cultivated area. Some of these pests are very
harmful for plans and effects the growth of plants also.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not too worried about the bugs but the squirrels. I have been dumping red pepper flakes into my pots. Yesterday when I opened the curtains I'm looking at the squirrel in one of my pots munching away. I opened the door so the dog could chase him and he went into the tree next door and sat there knowing the dog could not get him and chided me. I put out more pepper flakes. he has not been up on the porch eating this morning. He destroyed my tomato plants after I got the first big nice tomato. I'm thinking about buying a pellet gun. But then I know there are at least 5 of them living on our street because I've seen them playing chase running out in the street. All my neighbors are having trouble with them too. Any other ideas?

Bradeen

well this information is good for me about pests. I want to know how can i remove these pests from my house permanently. Can any one advised me about it.

Austin Wendell

Trying natural deterrents first. i.e poisoning the lower end of the food chain like the slugs and the insects in your yard will keep them away and if you wish to know more about the same then you can go here.

Steven Michael

I have read all these stuff thanks for sharing with us. If you need any kind of pest services then there are lots of ways to get rid out of this.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com