Picture with name of it

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi Kale,
It does look like I have mostly climbers. I took a lot of pics of them this year! I do have many other types though.
I really love Buck roses. Dr. Buck was a professor at Iowa State that spent his life trying to breed disease resistant cold hardy shrub roses. His most famous rose is Carefree Beauty. A lot of people also know Distant Drummer. Many of his rose blooms look similar to hybrid teas.
I have Prairie Harvest
http://photobucket.com/myimages/Prairie Harvest/
Hawkeye Belle
http://photobucket.com/myimages/Hawkeye Belle/
Aunt Honey
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/Remyo_2006/garden 2007/?action=view&current=AuntHoney2.jpg
I've also just acquired Folksinger, Quietness, Prairie Sunrise, and Prairie Breeze. I have high hopes for them all too.
Remy

Thank-you Remy!

Yes you will Smelly Melly!*LOL That is why I usually just go to the non garden centers and buy whatever they have *LOL Will take every single rose out of that huge box and lay them all out for a good hour or more *LOL I also sell a few while I am there*LOL Explaining they can do it and tell them how,even offer to assist*LOL I'm nuts...
If I shop I would not stop.I can not control my passion,and don't have the funds*LOL

Kale:D

Apricot Shrub Rose

This is my first bloom from my shrub rose. I'm in zone 5 and has no smell just looks pretty.

Attachments

• apricot.jpg
    apricot.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 348
  • apricot2.jpg
    apricot2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 341
The only rose I can grow here are old fashion roses that make hedges, I have 2 shades of yellow, one pink, and one single white. I also have a Blaze climber that just grows like crazy.

with all this rain I still have some roses in bloom.

4th of July

Roses005.jpg

Paul,s yellow climber

Roses008.jpg

Baby Love

HPIM0196.jpg

Autumn sunset

Roses002.jpg

with any luck it will dry out and I'll get more blooms

I found this rose its called Greensleeves.I had to have it, it was quite expensive but wow.I have it in a container for the first season as I am planning a revamp in the backyard.The colour fades from pink through to green more than one on the plant and what a knock out.Sweet mild scent.

Attachments

• 1P2270889.JPG
    1P2270889.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 9P2280897.JPG
    9P2280897.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 10P3010985.JPG
    10P3010985.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 11P3020987.JPG
    11P3020987.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 359
  • 12P3030989.JPG
    12P3030989.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 351
Nice blooms!:D:D
I have been busy with them and everything else.
I have a new collection, someone may remember that those packers in Tyler TEXAS drink on the job too much!Or they can not read...
If I weren't so thoughtful in my plantings it would be nice but ...my roses are confused.Fragrant cloud is a card so is Sheveport and several others.I will have to identify my unidentified roses that I carefully logged in 2 books and took pics and gave a paint stick name to.
They are very pretty, not much scent if any (a few) and Not what I wanted. But they are there and I will have to learn to accept them for their beauty.
I will have to make a gallery but have these 1st blooms resized earlier.
Candelabra (salmon) is a bush got her in a trade for Noble Antony '08.
Blue Nile is from 06
Kitty Rose is my daughters (02) Pink Peace that must be related to my
"09 Hybrid tea Circus"
Love struck was the 2008 rose of the year, got her in a trade.

I am waiting on Hubby to lead me to the program for a gallery:D:D

Enjoy As I enjoy your roses!

Kale:)

Attachments

• candelabra rose.jpg
    candelabra rose.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 337
  • BlueNILE6209 1stbloms .jpg
    BlueNILE6209 1stbloms .jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 358
  • kittyrose09.jpg
    kittyrose09.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 349
  • LovestruckCandel61309.jpg
    LovestruckCandel61309.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 372

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back