Pictures of your past gardens to get us through the winter

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

MY Coleous

[/Here is some of my coleous.....COLOR]

Attachments

• tn_DSCN4085.JPG
    tn_DSCN4085.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 360
  • tn_DSCN4086.JPG
    tn_DSCN4086.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 355
  • tn_DSCN4087.JPG
    tn_DSCN4087.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 327
  • tn_DSCN4355.JPG
    tn_DSCN4355.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 329
  • tn_DSCN4362.JPG
    tn_DSCN4362.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 331
Did I post to many pictures???
I get carried away with my plants and my pictures!

My favorite thing to do in forums is share pictures and trade seed and plant!

Sometimes I get carried away.:cool:

And I do love looking at those pictures. I take pictures of mine but now I forgot which computer I put them on

A few annuals for YOU!

Kale:)

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more these little gals just Love the sun:D:D

Look at what I has to look at as a renter*YUKKKKK:eek::eek::eek:
It was horrifying! *lol I thought Id stick a bird in:D

My Front Yard*LOL .....Garden!:D:D

Every year I have to create work for myself for some unknown reason .
It is different every year*lol I guess it stimulates my interest *lol

Here it is at the beginning of the summer tons of sunflowers and Zinnias aren't really showing yet.:) It is a Butterfly Garden nearly broke down for different butterflies for different areas and an area for the Mantis and hummers are separate,the last thing I need to see or find out is a mantis ate a hummer or butterfly.
I try to keep their food supply and host coming along. The back yard has the same idea going on .The Phlox are near my pond South Fence.
Enjoy..

TravaNo you can never post to many pictures of your beautiful flowers and gardens here. Keep them coming PLEASEEEE Your property is beautiful, is that a natural pond you have on the property? The Cannas are beatuiful, did you put in the fountin and pond?

Kale what a beautiful trannsformation you did on your property the before and after pictures are amazing.

Looks great you guys. Wish I something other than dial up or at least more time to sit in front of the computer. I would love to post some of my pics.

Before & After

TravaNo you can never post to many pictures of your beautiful flowers and gardens here. Keep them coming PLEASEEEE Your property is beautiful, is that a natural pond you have on the property? The Cannas are beatuiful, did you put in the fountin and pond?
Thank You so much for the compliments! 3 years ago we started all over on this piece of property after losing all to Katrina in Gulfport....This was a piece of dirt with 2 oak trees, 2 azalias, a few pines and a 1.5 acre pond (man dug). All of the plants were given to us in the form of cuttings, seeds and rhizomes with the exception of some 3 gallon shrubs.

We did put in the fountain and the brick (was what was left from our home in Gulfport).

This picture is what it looked like 3 years ago this month!

Anyway this is 3 years later and I still have alot of changes to make...LOL!

Attachments

• Ellis Hamilton Moving Day 1 001.jpg
    Ellis Hamilton Moving Day 1 001.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 334
Trava talk about starting over --- you did a marvelous job-- it must be something having the brick from your past home on the property of your new home. I don't know how you can start over after such a tragic slap from mother nature. Was it strength or just numbness that got you going?

Treva your cannas are absolutely beautiful. I am especially fond of your orange one and the pink one.

Thank You

Trava talk about starting over --- you did a marvelous job-- it must be something having the brick from your past home on the property of your new home. I don't know how you can start over after such a tragic slap from mother nature. Was it strength or just numbness that got you going?

Thank You Swindy, My strength, comes from the Lord, I could NOT have got through without Him. All that was left was a slab, and all we had with us was a ford taurus, and a couple changes of clothes. But of course the most important thing was our family was all safe although they all lost there homes.
It is great having my little court made with the brick from our home in Gulfport. We thought that is where we would retire! LOL
We never know what tomorrow holds for us?
Here are pics of our place in Gulfport...the last one was after Katrina.

Attachments

• TempImage3.jpg
    TempImage3.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 319
  • TempImage8.jpg
    TempImage8.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 336
  • TempImage9.jpg
    TempImage9.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 332
  • gulfport 013.jpg
    gulfport 013.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 324
You and NetPeach both suffered the same way. I didn't know you then, Miss Treva. But I remember how happy NetPeach was when they had Thanksgiving Dinner in their home after Katrina. The framing was up and I think the roof was on, but the walls were just bare 2 x 6's so you could see right through where the walls were going to be.

Beautiful pics everyone
Treva love all the cannas.I have a red one that was given to me. I have to dig them up every yr. Keep the pics coming. I still have snow on the ground.

You and NetPeach both suffered the same way. I didn't know you then, Miss Treva. But I remember how happy NetPeach was when they had Thanksgiving Dinner in their home after Katrina. The framing was up and I think the roof was on, but the walls were just bare 2 x 6's so you could see right through where the walls were going to be.

the first Christmas Netpeach was back in her rebuilt home I was in the moving mode and came across a Mangier I had stored in the attic for years and when I looked at it I said I'm going to send this to Netpeach - well when she got it she said it was the same one her husband had, had at one time.

I remember her postings of what her and her family was going through durning that terrible time and just couldn't understand how somebody could lose everthing and get up the next day and start putting it all back together.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back