Pot luck

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

richnkim

I was thinking the same thing, Dawn.

I have one that is so easy! A fresh fruit salad of watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, honey dew, and strawberries, or whatever fruits you want. I make a dressing for it that is good. Mix well, 1 large container of sour cream with 1 package of instant vanilla pudding, dilute with milk to desired consistency. You can make this with different flavors of pudding if you wish. Chocolate make a good dip for pound cake or strawberries or bananas. Many possibilities!

richnkim

Hash Brown Casserole

1 pkg. (2lb.) frozen hash browns, thawed
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 can (10 3/4oz.) cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup margarine, melted
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups cornflakes, crushed
1/2 cup margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a glass baking dish. Combine hash browns, cheese, sour cream, soup, onions, and the 1/4 cup margarine. Season with salt and pepper, mix well. Pour into prepared dish. Mix cornflakes with the 1/2 cup margarine, and sprinkle over the top of the potatoe mixture. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Remove cover and return to oven to brown top. Serves 8 to 10. This may be doubled.

Jade

I miss those yummy recipes, but gotta keep us healthy. Tomorrow is Bruce's birthday, so we will not be doing heart healthy. I am going shopping for some nice steaks in the morning.

richnkim

Strawberry, Pretzel Salad

I think this is more like a dessert, but this was the name of the recipe that was given to me.

Crust:
2 cups crushed pretzels, not fine (small twist)
3 Tblsp. sugar
3/4 cup margarine, melted

Mix ingredients together and press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool completely.

Middle Layer:
1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 powdered sugar
1 container (8oz.) whipped topping

Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together until creamy. Mix in whipped topping. Spread over crust layer. Chill.

Top Layer:
6oz. pkg. strawberry gelatin
1 1/2 cups boiling water
16 oz. pkg. frozen sliced strawberries

Dissolve gelatin in water. Mix strawberries into gelatin until just beginning to congeal. Pour on top of cream cheese layer. Chill until set.
Serve with more whipped topping.

richnkim

This weekend my daughter made a salad that was so good!!!!!!!!!!!

Dill Pickle Salad

Hearts of Romaine (she used 1 bag)
Shredded carrots
shredded cheddar cheese
cherry tomatoes (halved)
Pickles chopped (Claussen brand pickle spears) (refrigerated section)
tortilla strips

Dressing:
Mayonnaise thinned with pickle juice

Toss all ingredients together just before serving.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com