Pot luck

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I would love your blueberry cobbler, Randy! I would eat it all of the time. Yes, church potlucks are usually that way, although I have had some that are not so good too.

My favorite cake recipe called a pig pick'n cake that I'm asked to bring to everything:

1 Duncan Hines butter recipe golden yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 small box banana cream instant pudding (or vanilla)
2 cups milk
1 18oz can crushed pineapple in it's own juice, do not drain
3/4 C sugar
1 8oz container CoolWhip

Bake cake in a deep 9X13 pan according to directions on cake mix. About half way through the baking time mix the sugar and pineapple into a medium saucepan and heat just to the boiling point, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.

As soon as cake is removed from the oven poke holes over the entire cake with a fork. Poor warm pineapple mixture over the cake. Let cool completely.

Mix pudding and milk according to the directions. Pour over pineapple. Let set.

Spread Cool Whip over the pudding.

Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

The layers are why you need to have a deep pan. My regular 9X13 isn't deep enough so I usually buy one of those disposable aluminum roasting pans at the dollar store.

Kim, I make a pretty hefty cobbler. I use two full quarts of blueberries in that particular recipe. Every bit of it was eaten. I brought home a clean pan.

The Pig-Pickin-Cake sounds good! My mom mad one similar but used vanilla pudding with (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened, beaten in the pudding

Randy does make a mean cobbler. He made one when I was out there. I think it was a blueberry one and not a berry one. It was yummy. I do remember that about it.

I think I posted that recipe before, but if not, I can do it again. I know I submitted it for the recipe book on GH, but that never came out.

My goodness Bernie, that one sounds way to good, and I could make it the night before since I have to be to work by 6 AM

Kay I'd bake the crust and make the toppings but I wouldn't put it together till moring. I find the crust gets kind of rubbery if left over night. Not that it happens very often around here. Better yet just put it together when you get there.
Latebloomer: You just put everything on top of the curst.

How about a dump cake?

! box of butter cake mix
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 stick of butter

Put the cherries on the bottom of a 9" square cake pan.
Pour dry cake mix on top
Dot with pads of butter
pop in the over bake at 350 for 45 minutes. About 1/2 way through the bake time add more dabs of butter.
Kind of like a quick cobbler and oh so good. Gets a crunchy crust on top;)

Kim I do the pineapple as well plus put a 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped nuts on top of the dry cake mix.

I do a peach cobbler similar to Crabbers Dump Cake, substituting large can of sliced peaches and mixing part of the dry cake mix in with the peach juice.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back