Prayer Requests

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need prayers for an apartment!
I have the end of April before I have to be out......
We put our summer property up for sale yesterday, and it may sell fast (hoping)! We listed it as a unique opportunity being 215ft of lake front!!!! .....it is around 1/2 acre and the property ends at the water....
It is was bittersweet decision with decades of memories!!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Woodie! April/May is the best window for the place to sell quickly.....it will be tough on me with the open houses.....I'll have to leave for the the visits! We are hoping for a a bidding war over the property......crossing my fingers)
Still have so much to do but have most of the packing done....will be doing some more today.......then there's the gardens that need cleaning and getting rid of all the cactus in pots....having a more the half price sale in a few weeks..

woodstock

you always have to leave when people are looking at your house, but you can just go outside and take a walk. I hated it too. be on the lookout tho, people leave lights on, doors opened, water running. I even had a couple look at my house in the summer and put the heat on and left it on.
if this weather continues, and it is this week here, you have time to do a clean up of your gardens, and find a home for your cactus pots. good luck!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yah! Can't be here when they are doing a showing....hard to find things to do around here without having to drive......
they left the basement light on is the only thing, so far, that they played with!
At least i got to the bank and reservation for cheap gas and ciggies!!! Hedy was whiny since she doesn't often get to drive in the car but did finally settle......fun thing is I get to do this all over again until it's sold.....

woodstock

its a pain selling a house, thats for sure. I would go out in my garden and work when people came. there wasnt anywhere else for me to go unless I was at work when they looked at it. I hope your place sells fast. it sure is a pretty setting.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup! A big pain! Now they want us to finish the renovations we started so the place looks finished! AWWWWW!!!
I can't wait to move out in my own place so I don;t have to deal with all the BS!!! I'm so tird a have had enough...been cleaning the gardenss and I be there will bet complaints about them too!!!!

Last edited:

woodstock

yes, Ron its always something with selling a house. people never look at the whole picture of what it can be, they always want more. my neighbor got stuck putting all new rugs in her townhouse, because everyone complained about them. they probably won't complain about the garden, but when its warmer, I would get some pots of pansies and put them outside the door or inside the house.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
There will be no more showings until we get the floors finished and other repairs....getting someone in to do it because I cannot do it......but I have been repairing some furniture pieces that I will be taking with me....
In reality I am ready to move...just need to pack up the kitchen stuff...been ready to go for some time now...just hate having to wait for an apartment to beome available.....

woodstock

your still in a good time frame for selling your house Ron. once it gets a bit warmer and people see that glorious lake, they will want to take a dip and jump on it. its just a matter of finding the right person for your little house. I hope the right apt comes up for you soon.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good news!!! I`m 15th on the list for an apartment in Hagersville...the area I really want to live in.....
Will find out more this week as the numbers on the list drop......Need prayers to get through this wieek!!
I`m so tired I keep crying!!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now the bad news....I probably won't be getting it......been on the phone all morning with some local agencies that deal with housing and at this point there are none!!!
Please pray, I really need it now that something will come up for Hedy and me .....called my brother and he's been praying hard too...and is ok of I'm stay here right up until the place is sold......whenever that occures (and I will still have 30 days until possession takes place)......we are almost finished with the renovations so will start showing the place the end of next week...

woodstock

oh, Ron sorry to hear that. I hope that something comes up for you soon. Ill keep you in my prayers. you can stay where you are until just before closing. but lets keep fingers crossed that you dont have to do that.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like I will not be staying here until the house is sold! I'm looking into a temporary housing program today where I can stay until the estate is settled. I will not get into the details because I am angry right now.....sometimes I really dislike a few members of my family!
Actually I really need to get away from here! Looking for a friend to look after Hedy as I cannot take her with me....and that really hurts!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazing how things change from one day to the next! Talked in person with a lady that looks after the emergancy housing program.....seem there is no leal grounds for me to have to forced to move out until the house is sold. No judge would accept a written evictions notice against one of the beneficiary of an estate until the estate is sold. So I will be staying put untill I see the sold sign goes up, then I can move out.....she was very helpful on this since EHP is only a temporary shot term stay until a permanent place if found. They will even help me with looking for one also.

woodstock

not nice of that member of the family. who does that sort of thing.
Im glad you found someone to talk to about your situation. prayers to you Ron, that everything will fall into place, selling your moms place, and finding an apt for you and hedy.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
True, she is was never my favorite sister....we never seem to see eye to eye and she is usually soooo wrong! ...and boy when you try to tell her the way it will be going she goes off the deep end.....it always has to go her way!
Not that she is out of the picture.....had a nice long chat with my beother who understands once he gets all the facts....
I cannot leave until the house sale is a done deal and a closing date is issued and everything clears and they moneys are transfered over.....once I know that the dates I can coodinate with 3 agencies and go look and get an apartment and move out.....I'll use my savings for that! Then I will be free! I'll be off social assistnce once I get my share of the inheritance.....but in the meantime I'll ge living here with Hedy! It really is a relief and my stress level has gone down a lot!!!
My brother and I got the end of the things done and arranged the house to look neat and tidy.....have all my things in two areas and I covered them with blankets so they things are out of sight.
The place looks amzing and know mom and dad would be proud of how we polished the place and made it all look new and fresh!....all inspite of m one sister's interferance.
The lady I talked to from the Salvation Army was amazing in helping me out to straighten out my family ...have a meeting with my case worker on Thursday to fill her in and set what will hopefully occure this month.
My sister means well but but just cannot get it! Please, she needs our prayers!

woodstock

Im glad things are all sorted out and the house is ready for sale. Im also glad that you and hedy dont have to rush to find an apt, and can take your time and get exactly what you need and what will make you happy. whew that must be a load off your mind.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com