Prayer Requests

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
One problem I have to face is that I wil not be able to take Hedy with me. They do not accept dogs in the Emergancy Housing program so will need to find a home for her until I permanently move into an apartment and that may take some time....
I may need to put her up for adoption rather then put her through the shock of a boarding kennel, but will have to if I cannot find a place for her is someone's home!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything keeps changing Woodie! I really think the best thing for Hedy and myself would be to put her up for adoption. because she is a barker when left alone, and I do not have the money to pay for fostering her or boarding her!
I won't have much choice in moving to the EHP until an aprtment comes available......
I'll be staying here until the house is sold and a closing date is finalized.....then I have to move out!! No choice!
Availability of of reasonably priced one bedroom apartments is a in short supply, so I'll have stay at EMP which was originally a motel converted for emergancy housing! Each unit has it's own kitchen, inernet and tv hook up....
I'll know more once II get closer to moving out .....will have to pay for storing my furniture!!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm thinking more and more that all this is all a new adventure for me....will be awhile before I will be able to settle down and be able to stop and think!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hedy is gone now, and I have an empty house now!
Miss her dearly but know she is going to a good home with ne adventures for her.
It was so hard turning her over and putting her up for adoption....

My niece says Hedy is a well rounded little dog and will be a pleasure to have around and train until she is ready for adoption....

She will be sorely missed!
010.JPG

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jenn arrived home with one very tired Hedy!
Jenn says she is a wonderful girl and was good through the whole trip
I really miss her!
Darn now I'm crying again.....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is so hard living alone now! It is especially painful coming home to an empty house after going to town!!
I'm always expecting Hedy to come running, or constantly following me around........
It is really hard but know this absence will pass in time.......
Decided to skip the emergancy housing .....it is only available for 5 days then you have to get out!
I'm more actively looking for an apartment and without Hedy places me on a shorter list for subsidized housing so may get one sooner.
But, in the meantime I'm waiting for someone to buy the house and get a closing date before I can move out.....social assistance will be helping me look and get an apartment when the time comes, which is a big relief ......as well as finding a local family doctor so I won't have to drive all the way the the city anymore!

Last edited:

woodstock

I know what you mean coming home to an empty house. I went thru that when my last kitty passed, but after a while I got another kitty, and that made things more fun for me, coming home to someone waiting for me was a joy. you have alot on your plate right now, but after all is said and done and your settled in your new apt, things will get better. I hope the house sells fast, it sure is a lovely place.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is all happening slowly so I have time to mourn the loses.
here's a few pics of Hedy in her new life with Jenn and the other new friends she is making with the other dogs Jenn and Jon board, and rescue and send off to good families!
Jenn sent me these pics after taking Hedy to the groomers....

Attachments

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It has been very difficult this past week living on my own. I really do miss her and Jenn knows it is difficult for Hedy and is slow to pick up on her treatments on being alone to help break the separation anxiety......Jenn says she would not be very happy in an apartment due to her energy level and vocalizations......she thinks it is funny and cute all the sounds she makes when playing ball....she would drive other tenants nuts from all the noise especially when alone!! It was a good call when I sent her to Jenn......problem is we are so bonded I can pick up her emotions ......distance doesn't latter ...and she is still picking up on mine!
Been keeping busy, which helps....but waiting for the house to sell is so stressful......open house next weekend! Please prayit sells.....been getting a lot of drive-bys all weekend and they are taking the agents number....hope they call and make an appointment to come see the house and put in an offer!
I need to move on and cann't until it sells and I get a closing date! Then I can go serious apartment.....will be using a local realtor to find 'good' apartments instead of the slum landlords are offering at cut throut prices!
Founfd a new local family doctor and have appointment with her, also a good eye doctor...need my eyes checked and new glasses!

PRH

Ron -
Sweet pics of Hedy ,thanks for sharing with us here!! :) Hope your house goes well for ya! ( thoughts as well as prayers ) Sometimes,I think of moving myself as the house I have currently is just to big for me here -- but I will see what takes place in my life in time! Otherwise,I trust all is going well for ya and you are hanging in there dealing with the things ya need to do as well! - Thanks again for sharing pics of Hedy with us all --- sweet there!! :):) Take Care,my friend.......

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
To all that remember Judia from the old forums.....

I haven't been on the computer for a long time cause I've been having so many doctors appointments.
I went a couple weeks ago and had a mammogram and then an ultra sound and they found I had breast cancer.
I had a lumpectomy done on the 13th and it was in my lymph nodes also.
I have a drainage tube in under my arm I will get removed next Wednesday.
I will have to take radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks,then start chemo. l don't know how much of that I will have to take.
I told my son he might have a little bald headed mama. LOL
I'm doing good so far. I couldn't take the pain meds they gave me cause I was allergic to them. I'm allergic to almost every pain med they have ever given me. This new one was called Nucynta and the nurse said she was allergic to most pain meds but not this one but I was. I just used an ice pack. Only had pain the first 2 days and nights.
I had a great doctor for the surgery.The doctor I usually went to in this group has retired and Dr. Bradshaw has taken his patients but I couldn't have ask for a better doctor. +
.For some reason, my computer won't let me use my windows live mail so I'm sending this out through my gmail account.
My son said he'd fix it for me when gets back from church.
Please keep me in your prayers.

woodstock

sorry to hear about judia. I remember her from garden guides. prayers to her and her family. wasnt she the one who did all our animated pics. I still have some of them on my computer.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com