RE: Curbie.....

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Jules

I just got a note from the family that Curbie passed away yesterday (March 14), from a heart attack. She was such a huge part of our Forum family and will be missed.
Please keep her family in your prayers and remember her kindly in your thoughts as she shared and contributed so much to our garden family.

Prayers for her family. I will really miss her zany sense of humor! And never forget the sweet gift she sent me when I was so ill, and our son had passed. She had a kind heart.

she was a big part of the forums......always faithful for so many yrs.....prayers to the family...

Feeling sad :( We all need to put a pickle on the Christmas tree this year ...love that girlie

Last edited:
Will miss this girl on the forum but prayers are going out to Mike and her daughter. I hope they know how well she was loved here.

Curbie's daughter wanted me to let her garden friends know about the service for her mother -

Hines-Rinaldi Funeral Home
11800 New Hampshire Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Phone: 301.622.2290

Viewing date and time:
Wed, March 19th
4 pm to 8 pm

OMG !! Thanks for the news -- Curbie was a special soul around here 4 sure and she will be missed by many! Thoughts and prayers to Mike and her daughter at this turn of events unfold! ( love that idea of a pickle on the Christmas tree ) :cool: - she'll never be forgotten by those she touched here!! Thanks for the update here over her as well!!! ----

Thanks for the news Jules....
Cubie was such a big part of this forum, she will be deeply missed!

Who has a curbie xmas pickle? I do and I know she sent a lot of them out.
Everytime I look at it, I think of her. She also sent me a gardening snow
globe when I lost my grammie. She was a very thoughtful person and
will be missed on here. Some days she kept the forum very lively......
RIP Curbie and we all know she is not in pain anymore and with her mom and dad.

Cubie sent me one as well! ( afew years ago now ) Still have it and it reminds me of the time she sent it too me as sorta a pick me up too let me know she was thinking of me as well! - very nice person that was here and was glad to know her like I did too! - ( your spirit will always remain here Cubie,always... ) :cool:

I also have a pickle. I found it a couple of weeks ago when I was cleaning and I thought about how nice it was of her to send it to me. It is still a way to make me smile. I miss Curbie greatly.

I'll personally miss her a lot as I loved our talks about banana plants and also her wonderful sense of humour.....

yes she sent everyone a pickle...she was wonderful...at one point when Kathy/Screwy , Randy and I meet at the Christmas store. She aske d me to restock her...got four pickles there and sent them along to her...she was always sending little things...wonderful friend. And as John said great humor..

Last edited:
This is Curbie's daughter, Sherrie. I wanted to let you all know how special her garden friends were to her. She spoke of these forums so often that I feel like I know you all! The Christmas pickle, oh my, I think she bought out all of them in existence and I remember her telling me about sending him to her garden friends. I am so very pleased that you all still have them. She would absolutely love to be remembered in that way as she was born two days after Christmas and completely loved the season.

I'm attaching one of my favorite pictures she took of a Hosta plant while she was completely blind. Somehow she managed to get the sun in a dewdrop without actually seeing. When she showed me this, I told her how gorgeous it was and she was shocked as she was trying to show me how "bad" her pictures had become since she couldn't see. She had a true gift and I will miss her greatly. So many darn banana plants that she had somehow acquired.
For those of you who don't know, Curbie raised me as a single mom for 18 years. She gave me her everything and I will cherish every memory. It is comforting to know how many people she touched before joining her mother, sister, and father (not to mention many animals that I'm sure are enjoying her company).

As I am "illegally" logged in, I won't be checking in here again. If anyone would like to reach me directly, my email is sherriemusick@gmail.com.

Oh my goodness, her quote is amazing!! Just noticed it and brought a smile to my face.

Attachments

• mom picture BIG.jpg
    mom picture BIG.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 344

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back