Return of the word games - ABC Plant Game

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, we seem to be lacking volunteers...

So, how about “Things you’re planting this month”? Or, to keep it easy “things you could plant this month”, so that you could play a word even if you’re not actually planting that particular plant.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Calendulas - Have volunteers popping up in the gardens...need to pot them up and move them in bare spots...

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Geraniums. Rather common, and maybe even a bit boring, but they look great in decorative planter boxes, lots of bright color and easy to care for, so I bought some recently.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heliotropium- common name heliotrope- deep blue/purple clusters of flowers. smells like cherry pie. Trying one in a pot this year to see if it attracts hummingbirds.

Reactions: bob

bob

Administrator
Staff member
J - Japanese Maple, though admittedly I won’t be planting one. They’re pretty though.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
N- Nemesia.....Lovely annual....have difficulty and gave up trying to grow this one! Have anyone out there had any luck with them!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Queen Anne’s lace. Ok, I probably won’t be planting this, but we need a Q one, so humor me. :)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's something big and bold for moist soil conditions...grew this one when I lived in the city>

R- Rodgersia -grows anywhere from 3-6 ft with big leaves and not too shabby flower spikes!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com