Rosemary Getting Too Big

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I was so happy that my rosemary made it through the winter! And now it is finally starting to grow, I know they can get really tall and wide, and I dont want that. Should I just keep trimming it?

Also I recently learned this trick: I took my other herbs and put them in decent sized containers and then burried the container in the garden. That way when winter comes I can pull them up and put them in my AMAZING greenhouse or inside.

Oh i never really knew wha trosemary was until this spring,my friend loves rosemaryu so he bought severl to put in the garden ,i just love the smell ,and i know ill love the cookign with it

Hey Jbaby..I have one rosemary plant. I find that I dont use it very often. Actually I have given away more than I have kept. It's a nice smell but very sticky to the touch.

I have a couple of rosemary plants in a half-barrel and we use only a cmall portion of what is available also, but it sure is nice to walk out on the back porch and snip some off when we need it. I have never tried just pruning it, but it may come to that.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back