Rudbeckia hirta reseeding

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

paschalleddie1

I mistakenly believed that the black-eyed Susans I purchased last fall were perennials. I have subsequently come to understand that my plants are probably biennials. Can someone clarify whether this is true based upon the photos? I believe one photo shows rosettes and therefore confirms the plants are biennials.

I want to maximize the number of new plants to fill an area, should I:

1) Allow some flowers to set set seed now, while deadheading most. And at the end of September or October I would allow all flowers to set seed. Should I sow some seeds now and the rest in the spring?

2) Allow all flowers to set seed now and not deadhead. Sow some seeds now and the rest in the spring?

3) Should the seeds be sown on the surface or covered?

Thanks

Attachments

• 100_2079.jpg
    100_2079.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 100_2080.jpg
    100_2080.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 357

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back