Seeds in a blanket

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

KallieLashay

I am having a very hard time trying to grow flowers from seeds. I have already spent alot of money on my garden and I bought seeds instead of flowers but I am having a hard time growing them.

Has anyone tried the seeds in the blanket for flowers? Do you think I could transplant these to my garden with my vegetables? :confused:

Hi there,
can you clarify what you mean by "seeds in a blanket"? Do you mean the pre-seeded mats that you can buy? Seed tape? I'm curious.

Hi Kallie,
My mom tried them years ago and from what I remember they didn't work all that well.
What kinds of seed have you been planting? If you buy seeds at discount stores you are likely buying last years left overs and while they should be ok if keep properly , there is no way for you to know how they were stored.

Also some seeds take a very long time to germinate. Some require soaking to soften them before planting.
Tell us what flowers you have planted. Maybe it just hasn't been long enough. And if you pushed your zone , you could have planted too early.

Kallie are you planting outside already? It has been some warm days but still have cool nights so the soil may not be warm enough yet. I'm planting in pots in sunny windows or wrapping pots in clear plastic right now. I'll transfer them where i want them later.

Seeds matts

I purchase seeds matts last week and theya re showing signs now of seeds,the trick is u have to keep the matt damp.and if u sow the seeds to deep to,it take them a while to,but u not gonna see to much until the ground warms up,take soil in your hand andf squeeze it does it feel warm to u.also mu can check the moistyure to that way to if it holds together theres moisture in the soil

I am having a very hard time trying to grow flowers from seeds. I have already spent alot of money on my garden and I bought seeds instead of flowers but I am having a hard time growing them.

Has anyone tried the seeds in the blanket for flowers? Do you think I could transplant these to my garden with my vegetables? :confused:

We have excellent results using the starter pellet trays and refills. The germination rate is very good and transplanting into the beds once mature enough is a breeze.

I have tried planting marigolds, zinnias, nastriums, red salvia and cosmos. It seems they are taking forever to germinate. Maybe the greenhouse will be better for them.

I am in middle GA and the weather is soooo hot and humid even the nights. I can only cover up with a sheet at night it is so hot.

So the weather here is great for growing. Just thought I was doing something wrong.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back