Sending Supplies to the Troops in Harms Way

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been actively sending out supplies to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those troops are coming home and am now looking for soldiers and Marines (there is a difference that I learned quickly) to send care packages to. If you have someone you know that doesn't get a lot of packages from home I would be honored to send some packages to them. I don't know a lot of you here on GF but some of the GF members can vouch for my sincerity and honesty. The name and address you give me will be kept highly confidential.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dale,
What a great thing you are doing. I currently have no one in the war zone Thank the Lord. My nephew is in Germany right now, which has had it's share of issues. If I learn of any one I will pass their address on to you. Thanks to you from all of them I KNOW it makes a difference!

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dale,
What a great thing you are doing. I currently have no one in the war zone Thank the Lord. My nephew is in Germany right now, which has had it's share of issues. If I learn of any one I will pass their address on to you. Thanks to you from all of them I KNOW it makes a difference!
I have really developed some lasting friendships with some of the troops. I like to minister to the needy ones sending things from home that they need. Most rewarding thing me and my husband have done in many many years. I get emails on a regular basis from one and from one of thems mom's.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a sad state that a lot of the men and women signing today are doing it more out of survival than if they could make a living without joining. I know of 2 young men that the Army truely saved their lives. They had no where to go no jobs, money or family. I am sure there are many without family support in the same position. I am right now needing to save every penny but I don't mind being a supportive pen pal. I know your names are confidential but if there is a public list you know of I will be very happy to pen pal.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a sad state that a lot of the men and women signing today are doing it more out of survival than if they could make a living without joining. I know of 2 young men that the Army truely saved their lives. They had no where to go no jobs, money or family. I am sure there are many without family support in the same position. I am right now needing to save every penny but I don't mind being a supportive pen pal. I know your names are confidential but if there is a public list you know of I will be very happy to pen pal.
I will try to find an email pal for you. There are also groups that make quilt squares that are sent to a person and put together to present to the family of the fallen heroes. I hadn't done any sewing in more years than I care to admit right now. That was wonderful to sign my name on the squares and then seeing the photos of finished quilts. Also there is a group that sends cards or write a note to soldiers who have just come to Walter Reed and then the long time care soldiers and Marines. That is very satisfying to do as well.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel so blessed that my family and I have not been peronally touched by this tragic war. It makes me want to reach out and comfort those who have. Keep us posted on what we can do and how to go about it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
PM me privately and I will give you some info. On being a Soldiers Angel sending cards to the troops that have been sent back to Walter Reed and extended long term care is very rewarding. The names they send you you can't share with anyone and I will recommend you to the group if you like. You only have to send minimum of one a week from the list sent being a Soldiers Angel. Thanks for caring.

Kya D

Dale I can't believe your GI's are headed home.
All 22 of ours are still in Iraq.
I really love the adopt a Soldier program.
Thank you for introducing us to these sweet soldiers.
AND girl I would vouch for you any day of the week

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dale I can't believe your GI's are headed home.
All 22 of ours are still in Iraq.
I really love the adopt a Soldier program.
Thank you for introducing us to these sweet soldiers.
AND girl I would vouch for you any day of the week
Thank you Dawn, you know I feel the same about you. Could you use some help in sending packages to your troops?? I have several boxes bought up that I need to send out. Had to stop sending packages to Afghanistan because in the mountains you can't get through because of the bad weather for awhile. My main guy in Iraq is leaving in February and said had enough stuff so don't send anything else.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dale I would love to get involved too.. any suggestions?
The question is how involved do you want to be? You can do as little as joining the Soldiers Angels and sending a card or note at least to one a week to a wounded soldier recently brought stateside recently and long time extended care soldier. PM me and I will recommend you to the group.

Kya D

Dale we have the girls in Camp Bucca all 20 of them so we would really love the help with them. I will email you their addy. My friend and I still have our soldiers too
I get letters from the girls and have recieved 2 thank you letters from the chaplin too.
It is almost addicting sending packages and letters to help out our troops.

I want to thank all of you for caring for our troops over seas, And they do appreciate this very much. Some give up hope and think we the people in a free country don't care about them. But with what all of you do, It helps them change there minds. My son at one point in time was feeling this way back in 2003, as they were dodging the missle fire, and bullets as they went through unknown doors.Sat out side of Bagdad not knowing what to expect. And it did change him in some ways. When a reporter let him call us on there phones,, we could hear the bombing and gun fire in the distant,and helecopters fling close by.And would ask him what was going on, And he would just say, Nothing to worry about mom, Just doing my job. That was when he was a Marine. Now he is in the Army,and a SSG, has 9 years in, and proud to fight for what he believes in. Our freedom. This is his 3 tour of duty, And already knows he will return to Iraq, or Afghanistan in the year 2011.And they do appreciate what you do for them.And he will be back home to us again in March. Thank you very much, Prayers from a Military Mom..Linda.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dale we have the girls in Camp Bucca all 20 of them so we would really love the help with them. I will email you their addy. My friend and I still have our soldiers too
I get letters from the girls and have recieved 2 thank you letters from the chaplin too.
It is almost addicting sending packages and letters to help out our troops.
Dawn it is very addictive sending to the troops. People can get others to help they defray some of the cost of sending packages. It doesn't have to be expensive stuff. I but the beef jerky etc from Dollar Tree. My husband and I think this is the least we can do for those that are in harms way. Showing appreciation from a greatful nation.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to thank all of you for caring for our troops over seas, And they do appreciate this very much. Some give up hope and think we the people in a free country don't care about them. But with what all of you do, It helps them change there minds. My son at one point in time was feeling this way back in 2003, as they were dodging the missle fire, and bullets as they went through unknown doors.Sat out side of Bagdad not knowing what to expect. And it did change him in some ways. When a reporter let him call us on there phones,, we could hear the bombing and gun fire in the distant,and helecopters fling close by.And would ask him what was going on, And he would just say, Nothing to worry about mom, Just doing my job. That was when he was a Marine. Now he is in the Army,and a SSG, has 9 years in, and proud to fight for what he believes in. Our freedom. This is his 3 tour of duty, And already knows he will return to Iraq, or Afghanistan in the year 2011.And they do appreciate what you do for them.And he will be back home to us again in March. Thank you very much, Prayers from a Military Mom..Linda.
Linda tell your son there are those that do care for all he and others do to help us have our day to day freedoms that we take so fore granted. My husband served in Vietnam and they didn't get the same welcome home that the troops are getting now. Glad our people as a whole has woken up and realized the need for the good morale of the troops.

My daughter works with the local radio station.Someone sent them a address so they could tell everyone how and where to send cards and letters to the soldiers.She sent 75 Christmas cards and letters to Iraq. She recieved several letters by mail and email.She gets emails everyday from several of them.They said you would be surprised what a card or letter does for some who never recieve's anything from home.We send an assortment of things and they share them with everyone.:):):):):):)

I have joined a group that helps with people who has or has someone in their family with cancer.Its called chemo angels you send in your name they assign you a with a angel.You send them a card or letter once a week and a small gift once a month.Just a little something to let them know someone cares and bring a smile to their faces. :)

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are many of us who care what our young people are doing in foreign lands. There is no doubt in my mind that I am able to get in my truck and drive downtown when I want to because of the people in our military that have made our homeland safe and free. I was there once, but our conflict was to stem the aggression of North Korea when they invaded South Korea. I have a letter, although it is a form letter, from the president of South Korea that expresses gratitude to all of us that served in that war that enabled South Korea to remain free. Was it worth the lives of our young people that gave them? I believe so. If not, where do you draw the line? We could wait until we had to defend our own land, but it would be much more difficult at that point. I am very proud of those that serve our country and have nothing but disdain for anyone that would speak out against them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
My daughter works with the local radio station.Someone sent them a address so they could tell everyone how and where to send cards and letters to the soldiers.She sent 75 Christmas cards and letters to Iraq. She recieved several letters by mail and email.She gets emails everyday from several of them.They said you would be surprised what a card or letter does for some who never recieve's anything from home.We send an assortment of things and they share them with everyone.:):):):):):)

I have joined a group that helps with people who has or has someone in their family with cancer.Its called chemo angels you send in your name they assign you a with a angel.You send them a card or letter once a week and a small gift once a month.Just a little something to let them know someone cares and bring a smile to their faces. :)

Would love to join the Chemo Angels group. I am a 9 year ovarian cancer survivor myself and people and their families need a lot of encouraging with their journey with cancer. PM me and give me the necessary info please.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are many of us who care what our young people are doing in foreign lands. There is no doubt in my mind that I am able to get in my truck and drive downtown when I want to because of the people in our military that have made our homeland safe and free. I was there once, but our conflict was to stem the aggression of North Korea when they invaded South Korea. I have a letter, although it is a form letter, from the president of South Korea that expresses gratitude to all of us that served in that war that enabled South Korea to remain free. Was it worth the lives of our young people that gave them? I believe so. If not, where do you draw the line? We could wait until we had to defend our own land, but it would be much more difficult at that point. I am very proud of those that serve our country and have nothing but disdain for anyone that would speak out against them.
Well said Raindy. My thoughts exactly.

My dad served in Korea,, And my DH was in the Viet Nam era, But in Germany,, And when he got home from a 21/2 year in Germany,, wearing his uniform, he was spit on like so many of our great soldiers, And when my son come home after the 2nd tour, He was over welmed about how he was treated. People shook his hand, waved at him, And some saluted the soldiers off the plane, We were so proud of how he was welcomed home. We do have a great country,people and soldiers.. And they musn't never forget this.. Thank you all again, A military Mom. Linda

Cancer,, Something I have had to deal with, with my mom,sister, and grandmother. And it's wonderful that you have something like the Cemo Angels. Thank you for that too. Linda

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com