Sewing machine

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

After 40 years my little Kenmore died, Sears can't get the parts for it any more Kenmore doesn't make the machine or parts for it, so now I need a new one so I can get back to making quilts this winter, it doesn't need all the do dad's on it, just some thing that will sew a tight stitch, can any one help me on buying a new one

Thanks

My Kenmore is not working as well as it used too Bear so I bought one from Target. It is made by Sharp Euro Pro. It sewing really well and was very inexpensive.

I use my granny's old black very basic singer...it is the best and easy use...Craig's list or yard sales is where my hummy finds parts when needed...

Bear I got a brother when my old one died. I like it and it does a good job on working on quilts. Not that I have time anymore.

Thanks for the help, I found a guy who can fix my sewing machine, but I think I will still buy a new one, just in case some thing happen to this one again, I'm ready to start on more quilts, this year all the quilts will go to the children hospital, these ones I want the kids to be able take them home this time. I'll still make a few for the church to give to the needy, I enjoy making them and when the go to some one who really need them, it makes me feel good

Bear,
Glad you found someone. I was going to suggest looking for an older sew/vac shop as they always have old parts laying around. We have a guy here who can fix anything no matter how old!
I agree look on craigslist for something affordable. With the economy the wayy it is people are selling good stuff really cheap!

I bought one just last month at a thrift shop for 10 bucks.
If I had known I would have shipped it to you. But I gave it to my DIL

I'm still using a Universal that I bought new 35 years ago. My Mom's Brother machine still works good after 40 yrs. I think any choice you make will be a good one.
It's really great that you do quilt sewing for the children, Bear. That's a very special contribution.

Gloria, ever year I pick a new place to give quilts to, I end up with bag of stuff to make them, and now that I don't work any more I'll have time to make lots more, my new machine will be able to sit on my work table so I can just leave it set up all the time.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back