Share Your Crafts

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Those are really great quilts Bear, I like the second one best! Both reminds me of the ones my Mom made..never a scrap of anything thrown away. Those are the ones with the best memories ..like ..I had a dress or shirt made with that material!! Or that little scrap was the cut off of a pair of pants that were too long.
I've made a couple of quilts but never a small piece or unique design..maybe one day.

Christmas Dec's using Old Light Bulbs, Can make them for any time of Year though.... ;)

Attachments

• LightBulb.jpg
    LightBulb.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 308
Thanks Kya....

OK

I use Loo Paper and PVA Glue {The glue is White when wet, Drys Clear}

Wrap Wire or String around the Metle Cap {Screw or Bayonet cap}

Make Sure your Light bulb is Clean and Dry

Mix a little bit of water with your PVA Glue

Seperate the layers of Loo Paper and Tear into Strips

Smear some thined PVA on the Bulb and place Loo Paper on, Do it in Strips as it is Easyer to get a flat fiinsh

Leave to Dry Between Layers {I do Two to Three}

Unfinshed Bulb

Attachments

• Unfinshed Light Bulb.jpg
    Unfinshed Light Bulb.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 326
Thank you Prowl I can't wait to try making these. I even understood Loo Paper

Last edited:
Just went through all the posts here and ya'll have done some awesome craftwork. I'm presently working on a double wedding ring quilt for my granddaughters wedding in May. Have dabbled in all sorts of crafts all my life,,,,,,never thought to take pictures of most of them though. Will try to remember to start doing that. Most of it was gifts but I usually make all of my kitchen and bathroom curtains, most of my own clothes and have everything but a leather machine. Just not enough time to do all the things I want to. Glad I found this thread. Now to find the time to stay more active......arrrrrgh

You work too hard, Marie. But I doubt that will change much as long as you are able.

I cannot believe how many truly crafty people we have on this site. I love to crochet and would love to get my hands on a book of patterns for 6 little girls dresses. I had it but somewhere in the shuffle it came up missing.
I also do many other crafts.

KyaD,

Are you wanting to make a dress (same pattern) for 6 different girls or 6 different (patterns) for 1 girl or 6 different dresses for six different girls?
I may be able to assist.

I can not nor will use a bought pattern.(tried once to say the least it was a very bad experience for me) I custom design my daughter a dress for her birthday every year I have made 12 just for birthdays. (I learned by looking at clothing and striping them apart seam by seam in my mind and trying to figure out the easiest way to put it back together. Works for me. Unfortunately,she doesn't want to "ruin" them so she hardly ever wears them more then once! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Crocheting and loom knitting are fun if I can make up my own pattern,I can not follow single loops *LOL
Real knitting forget it sorta like calligraphy..a different language. *lol

Kale:)

I am looking for a particular pattern book that I had years ago. It had a dress with a pineapple pattern, one with a fan, ya know what I mean.
I am totally too dense to make the pattern up as I go along.
When I'm ready to get going on these I will sure get with you, thank you so much for the offer.

Wood Pecker Bird Feeder

Hubby seen this in one of the stores for $10. He went and bought a 4X4 for $10(untreated douglas fir) and made 7 of them. We have one hanging in the yard and the wood peckers love it. Then we sold 3 in garage sale for $7 each. Taking the rest of them to the flea market this weekend.

Attachments

• wpfeeder.jpg
    wpfeeder.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 333

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back