Sharing a few flowers.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to our virtual Garden Club. Join the discussion in our growing community.

Register for your free membership today!

Spider_Lily

Sharing a few flowers I have blooming now.Or should I say had before the the freeze last week.Can anyone tell me what the fist 4 pictures are.I found this growing by and old building.Looks like aloe vera but plant is hard not soft like vera.The bloom is on a tall shoulder high stalk.

Attachments

Dor

Sharing a few flowers I have blooming now.Or should I say had before the the freeze last week.Can anyone tell me what the fist 4 pictures are.I found this growing by and old building.Looks like aloe vera but plant is hard not soft like vera.The bloom is on a tall shoulder high stalk.
Spider Lily Picture #3 and 4 are of Mother of Thousands. The first one is also in bloom.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very cool plant!
It is Bryophyllum daigremontianum, syn. Kalanchoe daigremontiana

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love the prickly pears we have them all over. And the Kalanchoe I have red, orange and fushia

swindy

Spider I love all the pictures. The first 4 look like they would be great in a large open area. If you still have them in the summer I would love to have a couple of starts to plant on the other side of the path from me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Spider_Lily

Spider I love all the pictures. The first 4 look like they would be great in a large open area. If you still have them in the summer I would love to have a couple of starts to plant on the other side of the path from me.
Sure Swindy just pm me your address.There's alot of baby plants at the old building where I borrowed my plants from.They do well this cold weather hasn,t hurt them at all .

swindy

This is the area I would like to start planting a natural style garden. The land that this complex was built on was at one time farm land that has returned to nature I would like to put in a lot of natural free growing plantings that will need little care once I leave. We do have a large rabbit population, so I am looking for plantings that will survie them. I f you have any ideas of what other plantings I can use please let me know. When I saw your pictures of the Mother of a thousand I thought they would look great in as mass plantings spaced out to a few areas back from the path.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wombat

Wow what lovely pics Spider, that Mother of 1000's is a real menace over here. I pull it out every time I see it. In the right climate (mine lol) it's definitely invasive......love the colours Sharon!

richnkim

Wow! 1 yellow flower with those salmon ones!

How beautiful!

I don't have a picture but I found some light green zinnas today! So pretty!

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never had luck with tulips either but I like your pics Lyn, thanks for sharing. It's not fair..all that beauty and I don't have much yet!!! OK..I'm envious...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com