So. Oregon has gardens too!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Scarez

:D See there, right off the bat I'm being a whiney stinker. LOL
Haven't changed a bit now have I?

Well by golly this is better than my first High School Reunion!! Okay, this
is WAY better :p

In fact, (*whispers--since we're in cyberspace) I can tell you guys that I've gotten YOUNGER than when we were on Guides :eek: oH yes, I've gotten younger (while Mainegal and Vegemm and Bob got older) hehehe! C'mon, you don't believe me? Would I pull yer legs??

Okay, ok, maybe a little...

Oh my goodness, I just looked over the member list!! Whoa, too kewl! I'm happier than a pig in southern Oregon mud. No no, wait a minute, that's my relatives. Whoops!

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Scarez
It's about time, thought I was going to have to come out there and get ya.. I know you've been having puter problems.. So glad to see you here and it's getting better on here as more and more old gardening friends are signing up. I've been trying to get the word out to everyone about this site and I think it's working as we've got 42 members now and more will be coming. Not bad, today is only day 5 of the forum

Scarez

Day FIVE??? Whoa, that's pretty incredible. Looks like we all felt the same way and missed everyone from the old GG!! This is amazing looking around the site. I really loved the old GG.

I even saw Whit and Crabbergirl and Sash and Treeman and that stinker Dora (who moved and didn't tell me) here too!

I'm starting to feel like Miss Nancy from Romper Room with her magnifying glass. Anyone remember her?

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember Romper Room
Well I've go to get in the shower and go hit the mall for a few. I'm looking for a new comforter and the stores are having some good sales on them so want to go look at them. Most of the madness should be gone by now as the mall opened at midnight and most of the stores did at 4 and 5 this am. I'm sure everyone was not in line for a comforter....lol I will be back.
It's like old home days on here.....

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
Now they are letting any body join up....Old ladies and all...:D
Hey there little duck...what's Up?:cool:

Gardengoddess

Scarez!!!!

How the heck have you been woman! Yes, this past year has been one wild and wooly ride. Nationwide decided to centralize IT and told us in January that we could look for employment elsewhere or move to either :::::drum roll:::::
Columbus, Oh or Des Moines, IA

Now I like small and quiet so we went for Des Moines.

Since they are mostly paying for my master's program and I had only a year left (which means I worked my hiney off to get where I've gotten so far) we decided to move. Plus there is the added bonus (???) of finally getting my kids out of the house. Now don't get me wrong, I did offer that they could come but they decided that Des Moines is just to wild and crazy for them ;-)

In June we were packed up and shipped to Des Moines.

So far we've experienced fireflies (very cool), tornado warnings (freakin scary), frogs and toads committing suicide in our window wells (GROSS!) a backyard that sounds like a swamp at night, deer running through my yard, corn blowing across my home at fifty miles an hour, and snow (we've had more snow before Thanksgiving than we would all winter in Pdx :)

Anywho that's what been going on with me....what you been up too???

Dora/Garden Goddess

bob

Administrator
Staff member
So. Oregon has gardens too!

Yeah, if you like stuff like moss and ferns... :)

(Actually I do like moss and ferns, which is a good thing when you live in Seattle)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Day FIVE??? Whoa, that's pretty incredible. Looks like we all felt the same way and missed everyone from the old GG!!

Apparently so... We had nearly 30,000 hits on days 2, 3 & 4. Yesterday (5) was quite a bit slower, being Thanksgiving and all, but the place is still taking off quickly.

oremudpie

Scarez
Good morning from up the I-5 in Salem..I'm one of Vegemom's friends and another california escapee..Love it up here..
All this good chatter sure makes one feel welcome.
Have a happy day
melanie aka oremudpie

bob

Administrator
Staff member
In fact, (*whispers--since we're in cyberspace) I can tell you guys that I've gotten YOUNGER than when we were on Guides :eek: oH yes, I've gotten younger (while Mainegal and Vegemm and Bob got older) hehehe! C'mon, you don't believe me? Would I pull yer legs??

Okay, ok, maybe a little...

Just a little FYI for you Scarez.... Don't forget that the site administrator has the ability to edit member profiles. This is so that I can do stuff like remove links to spam sites or remove offensive language etc.

However, if I was to say, *accidentially* edit your profile and change the birthdate in there (purely by mistake of course) you could end up appearing to be old enough that Willard Scott would be telling you Happy Birthday. Or maybe your user ranks mysteriously turns into "Really Old Member"

So, you may want to reconsider telling everyone I've gotten much older. (Yes, I know, I have, and yes I do recall Romper Room, and Captain Kangaroo too, but we don't have to be telling the whole world about it...)

Now I'm not saying I'd actually do anything like that, just something to think about... (Where's that evil grin emoticon?)

Last edited:

Gardengoddess

Moss and ferns

Yeah, if you like stuff like moss and ferns... :)

(Actually I do like moss and ferns, which is a good thing when you live in Seattle)

Yeah I heard about a garden up your way that has a moss garden...this is no lie!

The ferns were absolutely amazing to me when I first moved to Oregon from California. There were ferns growing out in the wild...everywhere! The only place you could get a fern to grow in Cali was the bathroom lol!

Dora/Garden goddess

Gardengoddess

snip

However, if I was to say, *accidentially* edit your profile and change the birthdate in there (purely by mistake of course) you could end up appearing to be old enough that Willard Scott would be telling you Happy Birthday. Or maybe your user ranks mysteriously turns into "Really Old Member"

snip

Bob I just need a member rank of "senior moments member" lol

Dora/Garden Goddess

woodstock

scarez............so good to see you here.........Im with you ....once upon a time GG was THE HAPPENING place to be.....but now its moved to HERE!!! yippee

Sashweezy

Scarez, I'm so happy to see you. We have to play catch-up. How's that handsome grandson of yours doing? Old, what's that? We're all spring chickens, bok, bok, bok. ;)

Melanie, nice to meet you!:)

M

Mari-Jo

scarez........I believe I remember your name from GG........oh, the memory is going...........lol.........welcome aboard................

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bob
I love it, make the old hag really old,like 100+ please....:p:D

Scarez, you have a grandson and I didn't know it??? Maybe she has you confused with Vegemm or whatever her name is on here???? Now she has a handsome grandson.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I heard about a garden up your way that has a moss garden...this is no lie!

The ferns were absolutely amazing to me when I first moved to Oregon from California. There were ferns growing out in the wild...everywhere! The only place you could get a fern to grow in Cali was the bathroom lol!

Dora/Garden goddess

I really like moss, and have it in a lot of areas in my garden. I always laugh because I'm trying to get it to NOT grow in the lawn on the north side of the house, while also trying to get to grow in the rock garden on the east side of the house. ;)

This is one of my favorite corners of my garden. You can't see much moss, since I'd done some digging there recently before this photo, but the moss has filled in again. As you can see, I also like Shamrocks.

Attachments

• DSC_7269.jpg
    DSC_7269.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 311

smiley_face2

Welcome Scarez, I remember you! and welcome Melanie!! any friend of Vegem's will fit in just fine here! did she tell you her and I are some kind of cousins?! lol...
Bob... I love moss and ferns too! that patch of garden you showed us is exactly my cup of tea! lol.. Even as far as houseplants go, ferns do better for me than anything else!
Here's a picture I took just this past weekend, we go up the mountain every fall looking for interesting mushrooms and I found an amazing patch of moss, all different kinds and colors together...

Attachments

• DSCF2928.JPG
    DSCF2928.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 322

swindy

Hi Scares ---great to see you ---

For all you moss loving folks here if you want to produce more moss just pull up a patch of it and put it in a blender with buttermilk and blend it up real good . Then take the blender pitcher out to your garden and use a paint brush to paint the mixture on rocks or trees,between stepping stones or wherever you want the moss to grow.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com