Some new flowers I'm trying out

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

I helped mom plant pansies this weekend and she bought me 2 annual flowers to try. :D I'll prolly plant them around my banana plants when I get them - after it warms up some more.

Here's the pansies. She'll prolly get some more colors too but I def like these.
6954454489_af4cb459ce_z.jpg

Pansies by Trax, on Flickr

6808347906_3d40f1e2f5_z.jpg

Pansies by Trax, on Flickr

One of the annuals she got me is called a Dianthus. They'll be in the window till it warms up since they need full sun.
6808350434_c276f80d68_z.jpg

New flowers 2 by Trax, on Flickr

6954459539_4d2d4848e7_z.jpg

New flowers 2 by Trax, on Flickr

The other one is called a dwarf Snapdragon. It'll need to be in the window too till I can plant it outside.
6808351820_88bb980d08_z.jpg

New flowers 3 by Trax, on Flickr

They're a great choice Trax all of them are really tough little guys especially the dianthus. They're almost perennials over here as they last quite a few years in the ground and keep blooming year after year .

Dianthus are my favorites, we can get them to last a long time but they are still annuals.Petunias and pansies are so colorful.I use to do a red, white and blue bed for July. If you want some perennial Mexican Petunias, just say the word. It is a good time to ship them ;)
I do like to use mostly perennials. They are more time and cost effective for me. I just don't have the time I use to :(

The word! :D Well, you said to just say "the word", lol! Mexican petunias sound awesome. I'll pm the address. :) Thanks!

I would put those dianthus and snapdragons outside...you can bring them in at night if it is going to get tooooo cold, but they can take a frost. If they were greenhouse grown they might be a little tender.

Those pansies are a gorgeous color
The dianthus aka pinks are one of my fav annuals mostly because of the smell (love it)

Got the "word" Trax. I will mail on Monday. That will give me time to get you a few "surprise" in the box too. Plus I hate for stuff to sit in the PO over the weekend.

I've not heard of the Mexican petunias Nancie. I did a search and they're seed is hard to find over here. I then found an article that they can be invasive, maybe that's why?

Yes John, They are somewhat invasive, in some warmer areas. However, in more northern climates they tend to not be as invasive. They will have little shoots that pop up near the base of the "mother" plant. I have several areas of them and it isn't hard to keep them in check. I planted them where I want them to be invasive...LOL and they are not. Keeping them in pots makes really nice decorations. I just love the purple flowers.

Thanks for the info Nancie, so it appears I may have to grow them in a pot, if the seeds are available here. It might, as you say, become invasive in my warmer climate. It's an attractive flower though.....

I love them. I have managed to keep them controled.

Trax
Are you kidding me?!?!?! I walk out of the house and left the box I had for you. Will mail tomorrow Priority. Cannot beleive I forgot it. It was sitting with all my gear and I just left it :(

Well, I'm still trying new flowers. Tulips do really awesome here even with all the heat we've had and the peonies are surviving. :D Here's 2 flowers that like the heat. I don't have a clue what the second flower is. It's growing in the pot with my Red Habanero pepper plants, lol. I def want those flowers to keep growing and to get more.

The first one is a sunflower and it has a honey bee on it. Btw, I took these pics today.

7681279340_df9ded53e3_z.jpg

Z002 by Trax, on Flickr

7681277576_927e028818_z.jpg

Z000 by Trax, on Flickr

7681284638_30612dc769_z.jpg

Z004 by Trax, on Flickr

7681282662_7bf16aa793_z.jpg

Z003 by Trax, on Flickr

Great pix Trax! It's always fun trying new plants and seeing them grow and flower. Thanks for sharing!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back