Sorta like a snack recipe ( have 3 )

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

PRH

1.) Taco Salad :
2 tomatoes
1 head lettuce
1 small onion
1 lb. ground beef
15 chopped black olives
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 cup French dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1 bag Tortilla Chips ( triangle shaped )

Chop lettuce,tomatoes,onion and crunch chips into a bowl. Brown the ground beef in a frying pan,add taco seasoning,drain and chill.Toss the chilled beef and remaining salad ingredients together. Add more dressing and/or salsa to your liking.

2.) Super Nachos :
1 lb. ground beef
1 Tsp. taco seasoning
1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag Tortilla Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown ground beef mixing until fine with taco seasoning. Drain. Lay out chips on a 9 x 12 baking sheet. Layer cheese,then ground beef and then cheese onto chips. Put into oven until the cheese is all melted. Serve warm with salsa.

3.) Layered Mexican Dip :
1 sixteen oz. can of refried beans
8 oz. guacamole
8 oz. sour cream
1 jar salsa
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag Tortilla chips

On serving plate, layer refried beans,guacamole, sour cream and cheese. Top with salsa and serve with chips.

I have made a meal many times out of taco salad. Sounds like I will do it again soon. Thanks, PRH

I love taco salads! Salas is a staple at our house.

This isn't a snack but more of a meal.
Have you ever made a "Mexican Pie"? I use to make these a lot but since I don't eat much meat anymore I haven't made on in a while.
Brown ground beef with chopped onions, cilantro & peppers. ( a blend of Cubanellas, sweet red & green peppers is really good) Drain fat well. Add a can of drained tomatoes ( if you like spicy use Rotel, if not using rotel add 1 pkg of taco seasoning mix)
Add 1 cup of shreded cheddar cheese, 1 egg and 1/4 cup mayo (mixed together before adding) to beef mix.
roll out a can of crescent rolls and divide into 1/4 and 3/4.
line a pie plate with the 3/4 portion.

Spoon the beef mix in the lined pie dish. using the 1/4 of dough cut strips like you would for a lattice pie topping. Brush the top with egg wash and bake about 20-30 minutes at 325. Serve with a salad.

I think I willmake a couple of these for the oyster roast tomorrow.

Last edited:
I love Taco salad as well...Often I make a large batch of just the meat and taco seasoning and keep refigerated. When we want a Taco Salad, make a regular salad then add the warmed up meat mix on top....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back