Strawberry Butter

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I am too, Kim. But I have to say that the diagnosis last year (2007) has actually been good for me. It got my attention and I am really having no trouble controlling my blood/glucose levels. I am on target between 85 and 90% of the time. I set a goal for myself to lose 60 pounds and I'm still working toward that, but have lost 46 pounds of it.

I am so happy for you Randy! I take metformin twice a day but I only have to test my sugar 3 times a week. I want to get off of the meds completely. Good luck with everything! I know you can do it!!! Kim

I test every day, but I probably don't need to. Once in awhile though when I'm expecting a low reading it is higher than expected or the other way around. My A1C was 5.8 a couple of weeks ago and that was down .1 from what it was 3 months before that. I also take the metformin twice a day. My brother in law was diagnosed about the same time I was and he isn't doing so well. But he won't follow a good plan so it is likely that he will have to go on insulin. By the way, Kim, Dale helped me get off to a good start early in 2008. There were some others too though that were there for encouragement.

Last edited:
Randy - I'm so glad that you are willing to except help and do something about it. I have a friend here that just doesn't take care of herself the way she should. Her husband loves her but he suffers from depression and it is had for her. He really likes sweets and bring them into the house. I am trying to get her to do this weight watchers thing with me. I think I am going to see if she will join with me just to get the information for her. I can't afford to go to meetings all of the time. She just needs help in learning how to cook differently. I will keep trying though. The thing is she has to want to do it for herself. I just do not want it to go any further for me than it is. My mom had it and my dad does.

Prowl I do apologize, a "stick" of butter is a 1/4 pound of butter. We are basically an interantional group and I should have posted the word that everyone would recognize. I'll try to do better!!!!

Thanks Dale.... I'd REALLY like to try this :)

Kim, probably the one most important thing that has helped me over the past months is the ability to have a snack between meals. I got into the habit of eating more than I should because I would get so hungry between meals and that was especially true when I had dieted in years past. It seemed I was always hungry. I can handle 4 hours between breakfast and lunch without any problem. But from lunch to dinner is often 6 hours or more. So I have a snack at 4:00 PM. I usually have 6 or 8 saltine crackers with peanut butter between pairs of them. It isn't much, but it's enough to keep the blood/sugar balanced. And I don't mind cutting back on the lunch portion at all. A full glass of water with lunch makes you feel full too.

Kim, probably the one most important thing that has helped me over the past months is the ability to have a snack between meals. I got into the habit of eating more than I should because I would get so hungry between meals and that was especially true when I had dieted in years past. It seemed I was always hungry. I can handle 4 hours between breakfast and lunch without any problem. But from lunch to dinner is often 6 hours or more. So I have a snack at 4:00 PM. I usually have 6 or 8 saltine crackers with peanut butter between pairs of them. It isn't much, but it's enough to keep the blood/sugar balanced. And I don't mind cutting back on the lunch portion at all. A full glass of water with lunch makes you feel full too.

Yes Randy, it does help. I find that if I don't have a snack between lunch and dinner I get real grumppy.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back