Sugar Cookies-Soft

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
TRY ROLLING THE COOKIE IN POWDERED SUGAR BEFORE U BAKE. TASTe SO GOOD AND HOW RICH.
These are a large type of Mexican Weding Cakes--Russian Tea Cakes

1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup oil---I use peanut oil--any is fine though
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Cream sugar, butter and oil until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Sift dry ingredients together. Add first mixture to second and mix well. Roll into balls. Press to flatten slightly with a glass.(if you have rolled them in powdered sugar no need to flatten if you do not want to) Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet until cookies are light brown. Once you take them out you can re-roll in powdered sugar

Do you bake those for those boys? If so, I bet they don't last long. I think I'm through cookie baking until we get closer to Christmas.

LOL yes Randy they love them...this is one of the cookies they love to make...who wouldn't want to play in powdered sugar...makes a wonderful winter wonderland in the kitchen ...but well worth it...

I made sugar cookies yesterday and Fiona said they made the kitchen smell good. I hid some of the cookies in the garage refrigerator so I can break them out on Thanksgiving Day. The grand kids and David will demolish the ones that I have left in the cookie jar in the meantime.

Seems your house is like ours...cookies go fast around here...my dear mike can put them away with the best ...and when the kids are all here we have to hide them from Mario...OY that boy can eat

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back