Super Cocoa

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

curbhopper

This is a great 'instant' cocoa mix ~ all dry ingredients so is stored and perfect gift. It DOES make a lot so don't freak out about the amounts. I make it in my Tupperware cake carrier top.

*2 pounds (4 cups) of Nestle Quick (dry not the bottle)
*8 quarts (8cups) of Powered milk (any brand is fine, usually in baking or baby food aisle)
*6 ounces of Coffee creamer (any brand, any >>FLAVOR < < :) )
*1/2 cup Powdered (confectioner's) sugar.

You can add chocolate chips or marshmallows.....
Fill a cup/mug HALF full of mix. Add boiling water.

Great quick warm up. Curbie :)

that sounds fab..except for the powdered sugar part..I think it would be just fine with the sugar in the Quick

*hmmm coffee creamer..............*

Hey, BlueWolf ~ :) This really does make quite a nice gift. Stick (oh, 'put') it in a mason jar with whatever else (chips or coconut or mushmallows) with a bow on top. Mike bought a hot chocolate at Starbucks once and said,"DO YOU KNOW WHAT I PAID FOR THAT?" He requests this mix and he can take it to the post office. Oh, you can put in McCormick's Extract IN the CUP...whatever flavor ~ orange,peppermint. :) Curbie

A babyfood jar is about enough for one serving, depending on the size of someone's mug. :) Stay warm and content ~ Curbie

I just went to the basement to get everything to mix it up and, per usual, I have no dry milk. That's OK b/c I really didn't want to make it tonight :) Hope anyone who tries it enjoys it ~ Curbie :)

Curbie that is the same recipe that I have too! It is one that is requested often by those that receive it.

OH I AM SO glad you have it too b/c when I lose my recipe, I'll email you :) . I have never known anyone who didn't say," do you have any more of that? " Great, oma! Curbie

Mike brought home instant milk! WOORAY for Santa Claus! (It was a Broadway song ~ sort of) ~ Thanks, Oma. Curbie

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back