Tarragon Recipes wanted

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dee

Anyone have recipes using a lot of fresh tarragon? (Preferrably healthy) I have a ton! Thanks in advance. :)

sunflower3

I dry mine and use it in soup and stew. you could also make a marinade with oil and stick the tarragon in it and let sit for while then use it.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dee I use fresh tarragon on my lemon chicken. I just snip some and put on it before I pop it in the oven.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I made vinegars when I was growing lots of herbs. And I found a fmarket to sell them in. You can get bottles at the dollar store . Then I used dryed flowers from the garden to decorate and a little jute string to make the bottle look like it was an old bottle. I now hunt and collect antique bottles so when I do something like that I use those old bottles as gifts. You can buy corks to fit at almost any hardware store;)

Dee

I made vinegars when I was growing lots of herbs. And I found a fmarket to sell them in. You can get bottles at the dollar store . Then I used dryed flowers from the garden to decorate and a little jute string to make the bottle look like it was an old bottle. I now hunt and collect antique bottles so when I do something like that I use those old bottles as gifts. You can buy corks to fit at almost any hardware store;)

When you do stuff like that do you have to do anything special on the business end of things since you're selling a product to the public, like claim profits on your taxes or get any kind of licenses or inspections on the products, like to meet food safety guidelines?

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
At the time I held a wholesale license in Florida. So it was a little different than just doing it. But now you can sell somethings without a license and you can market items to specialty shops. In Florida all you need is the ingredients on the lable and your name. Yes you must always claim income on your taxes no matter how it is generated;). Make sure to keep your expenses so you can deduct them. If you intended to go in to a full blown business , you should seek help from an accountant and check your local laws about business, also contact your state ag dept about food prep and handling laws. They may require you to have you "facility" ( Kitchen) inspected. You maybe required to take a food handling course as well. All easy stuff that doesn't cost too much.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com