Tell us how you save money!!!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I think I found a great deal today. I had been shopping around for camcorders. Yesterday Kohls had one in their sales flyer for $99.99 and the sale started today. My friend Celeste and I got up earlythis morning and made it to the store a few minutes after 8am. We asked a cashier where they were kept as Kohls is not a store that stocks electronics. We had to show the maanger the flyer. He went to the back and came back with two different ones. They didn't have the one in the paper so he substituted either of the two. We both chose the one with everything in the box. The price was $199.99 and we gotit for $99.99 and an additional 20% if you used a Kohls credit card. We ended up paying $86.59 including tax. I went back and got one for my daughter. That is a deal.

Yes I just love that place Dale. I bought two pair of sandals $11.99 each reqularly $34.99 They are very comfortable. I bought my grandson three teeshirts $3.99 each. The last time I bought sundresses for Mya and gave him $20 to use at Game Stop but he used it at Sonic. So now on I will get the gift cards myself for him.

Yesterday I went to Randalls Flagship store because they had Pork loin chops 99 cents a pound. A bought 3 family sized packages averaging $9.50 per package. I only bought three to make sure I have enough room in my freezer. After I season and package them if I have more room I will get a couple more. They have this sale about once every six to nine months and my daughter and I stock up. The watermelons were $3.99 and blackberries 99 cents a pint but they were all out of the blackberries. I will try to go back this evening.

HEB has briskets for 87 cents a pound limit one with $10 purchace so I plan to get a couple of those. It is easy to buy $20 between my daughter and I.

My sil stopped by my mom's after work tonight with a 3 pack of puffs plus lotion tissues. She said the store has them on sale for $1.99 so I went up and bought a few packs for that price. The mgr ordered too many by mistake. I don't usually buy them as there is only 132 a box. I buy kleenex 250 ct boxes when they are on sale.

Great price. I love the Puff's tissue and only buy them when they are on sale.
When I chop up lettuce I sprinkle a small amount of lemon juice and toss the lettuce. Put in an air tight bag. Keeps longer in the refrigerator.

Laurie Great price. I love the Puff's tissue and only buy them when they are on sale. They are great when you have to use a lot. Your nose will not get irritated.

I'm too cheap to buy puffs or kleenex. I just use toilet paper.

I stopped at a garage sale yesterday and they had everything for 10 cents each. I found dress clothes for me and some jeans for my son. Most of the stuff was brand new with tags still on them. Mainly from Kohls, Sears, and JC Penney.

I don't have any money to save LOL But I did get free 3 flats of marigold's and 2 flats of white impatients from my son's school Friday.They were cleaning out the hothouse.So he brought them to me.I love free.

I am starting to make all of the Christmas gifts that I am going to give. The kids are getting a quilt. I have 3 tops that I already have that my mom had set together and I already have the material for the backs all I have to do is buy the batting and the quilting thread. I have more time than I do money so it works for me, and I think they will like that their grandma was a part of it! I am going to crochet some beanies for our grandkids, and make them a quilt. I will tack theirs so it won't take as long to do them.

Kim that is great!!! Anyone would love to have a quilt and crocheted beanies made by grandma. It's not too soon to be thinking of Christmas.

Great idea Kim. I am sure your kids and grandkids will love the gifts from your heart.

I treasure the quilts that i have that my grammie and great grammie made
i have a doll quilt that matches one of my twin quilts that grammie made for me

I know! I think it might be a neat idea to give each other ideas for home-made ideas for Christmas presents. I am going to make gift jars for my friends, like soup, cookies, and the recipe for the "mug cake" is neat for college students. My daughter got some coffee mugs at the dollar store and put the cake mix in baggies, wrapped it with some celophane wrap and the directions to make it. She gave them to her brother-in-law, who is in college, he loved them.

I don’t dare crochet another gift. If I do I’m afraid the recipient will unravel them and hang me with the yarn. LOL I’ve really over done that one. Last year I made wreaths. I got the grape vine wreaths for $1 a piece. I decorated them with ribbon and dried and or silk flowers. I think they each cost me around $10. I found the flowers on sale but ribbon even on sale is expensive.
This year I'm making doormats for everyone I don’t have to mail to. I buy those carpet remnants for between two and four dollars at the craft store. I make a stencil of the family’s name then use fabric markers to color it in. I have stencils of ivy, roses, sunflowers and one of a moose to add around the name depending on the family’s interest or decor. I made them about eight years ago & everyone wants a new one. I can’t throw anything away so I still have the old stencils. You can’t beat a personalized gift for less then $5.

I am tired of the PO getting the better part of my Christmas budget so this year I’ll be shopping on line and letting the companies I buy from pay the postage. That or gift cards.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back