Thursday Feb. 26th is National Pistachio Day. Please post some pistachio recipes!!!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
In honor of National Pistachio Day let's post some recipes with pistachio's in the recipe. I am posting this today because my time is going to be limited this week. Am going out of town for a few days be back late Sunday.

OH come on people...this is my very favorite nut...and am looking forward to some good recipes...
Dale be safe on your adventure...

I'll have to try to remember when I get home to look up my mom's Pistachio Cake Recipe
Good stuff!

The only recipe that I know of is using pistachio pudding which isn't really a pistachio recipe

Okay folks, just got home. Been shopping and shopping today. Fly out real early Thursday morning and haven't started packing yet. I have a pistachio cake recipe I will dig up and post.

Thanks Debe for the well wishes.

Watergate Salad

This recipe is for one package of pistachio pudding, but I always double it.

1 package of pistachio pudding
1 can of crushed pineapple in its own juice
1 package of miniature marshmallows
1 cup of chopped nuts -- walnuts, pecans, or even pistacio pieces.
1 8 ounce carton of Cool Whip.

Empty the pudding into a large bowl.

Add the pineapple, juice and all. Use the juice to dissolve the pudding. It should be all blended together.

Add the nuts and marshmallows and mix thoroughly

Fold the Cool Whip into the rest of the mixture and refrigerate for a couple of hours or longer.

You can substitute sugar free pudding and fat free Cool Whip.

I have used basically that same recipe for years. Most of the time I use French Vanilla pudding and add Mandarine oranges, often omitting the marshmallows.

Man, that one sounds good too, Susan. We don't have desserts here very often, but I like to throw one out occasionally just to make it sort of special. Fiona and David both though tell me that I make too much dinner and they get stuffed.

Dale I couldn't find a food based day for you but I thought this was kinda nice.
National Do Something Positive Day March 1st.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back