Tomato plant indoors

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

cts_casemod

Hi Everyone,

I have a tomato plant indoors that has now grown the size of the window and I am looking for the best option to keep it.
This was born from stuff in my wormbox, the tomato box says the variety is "Pitenza", which I couldnt find a lot about. I dont know if it is a determinate variety or not.

The plant is healthy, with 75cm above the top of the soil and the top leaves dont get much light now. Any advice?
I am also going to repot in the larger pot seen.

I have grown lights inside for smaller plants, nothing for a plant this size.

2ymg6lg.jpg

300ef5y.jpg

fvirnt.jpg

24vogoz.jpg

Looks like you are doing something right to have such healthy plants!

What zone do you live in?
Country, and closest city, would help to determine when you can start hardening them off to outdoor conditions.
One clue to whether it is determinate will be if you notice it stops growing upwards.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back