Trax Veggies 2014

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

@Trax Growing pineapples from tops seem to take forever, they can take about 24 months to fruit (even longer in colder climates)!:rolleyes: Once a pineapple flowers you might have to wait for another six month for the fruit to mature, hope you're patient lol. They also get to be really large plants too....have fun with them! I'm trying to get hold of a red pine as they're supposed to be sweeter than the normal fruit......found a pic of a pine I grew a couple of years ago....it's also got a pup at the base.

Attachments

• pineapples-4445.jpg
    pineapples-4445.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 278
Mine is a Golden Pineapple.....working on the second generation clone.....I cut the top off the fruit mine produced and started it up....the fruit was a bit small, but super sweet! I didn't keep the parent plant because it got way too big to keep!

I chose the Golden since the leaves are almost spineless! Kept the spine on the tip of the leaves snipped so I wouldn't get stabbed!!

I've grown both rough and smooth varieties and have found the former to be more consistent in flavour than the smooth but also a little more dangerous lol. There's about 6 or 7 different types available here so it'll be fun, albeit time consuming, to try them all.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back