Trees in My Garden...

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Suzanne

1) Jackfruit tree.
4)Jackfruit on the tree.
2) Mango tree.
3) Teak tree
5) Champakam (In Local language).It is a sort of flowering tree

Attachments

• Jackfruit tree.jpg
    Jackfruit tree.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've planted a red oak in my garden. I think it is so pretty. Now I need it to grow and shade my house.

Attachments

• PC080027.JPG
    PC080027.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 349

treeman

Lyn, the northern red oak (Quercus rubrum)is a wonderful shade tree..... much underused as a yard tree in my opinion. It is a fast grower among the oaks developes a nice spreading form and suffers from few maladies. You do have to give it its space because it will be large. In the wild it likes deep rich cove soils where moisture is constant and is a very rapid grower in those circumstances. It is adaptive to dryer sites but growth rates will slow. Fertilize once every 3 to 5 years and give it extra moisture when its overly dry. Other wise it requires little attention other than maybe a light prunning to correct branching occasionally.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was extremely dry here last year We are hoping for a little more rain this year. I water it twice a week really deep the leaves are so pretty right now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far this year we have had 62+ inches of rain here in Florence SC. Hopefully next year will be drier for us. Our pecan trees don't like all the water when we got it this year.

Melissa

So far we have planted Ash trees, Hawthorne, Serviceberry, Swamp Oak, Maples, Crabapples, Cherry, Apple, Peach, Red Oak, Smoke, Tulip, Magnolia, and a Willow. The trees are more my hubbies thing but I will enjoy the shade. We also planted a little Dogwood but the last storm and high winds snapped it off and killed it :(

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com