Treva's Greenhouse

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Treva

My husband built me a greenhouse/sunroom this fall!
I am so excited about it and I wanted to share it with Y'all.

This was the area he used between the house and the garage
ATTACH]

He put a door going into my seed starting room from the soon to be greenhouse.
DSCN4492.jpg

He then closed the area in with windows, a door, and covered it with courgated clear roofing.
DSCN4613.jpg

DSCN4612.jpg

Added the uncovered outside area.
DSCN4637.jpg

Now for the cement...
DSCN4646.jpg

DSCN4648.jpg

Added some shelving....
DSCN4667.jpg

DSCN4668.jpg

a little rod iron...
DSCN4681.jpg

DSCN4758.jpg

and some plants....
DSCN4672.jpg

and more plants lol...
DSCN4766.jpg

and even though I have shorten this up...it began in October and now we are to date....

Whats growin and bloomin now??? In January 09!

:pWell if you really want to see....

DSCN4830.png

DSCN4786.png

DSCN4934.png

DSCN4935.png

DSCN4764.png

DSCN4834.jpg

DSCN4764.png

DSCN4768.jpg

DSCN4765.png

DSCN4826.png

DSCN4831.jpg

DSCN4827.png

DSCN4924.jpg

DSCN4721.jpg

DSCN4787-1.jpg

DSCN4801-1.jpg

DSCN4802-1.jpg

DSCN4928.png

and some of my cactus and succulents...

DSCN4817.jpg

DSCN4835.jpg

DSCN4783.jpg

DSCN4784.jpg

DSCN4785.jpg

DSCN4800.jpg

DSCN4736.jpg

DSCN4735.jpg

DSCN4684.jpg

DSCN4686.jpg

Ok....so I get carried away!
I am so excited and I guess a little obsessed!!:D

;)To be continued.......

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very Nice. You are a lucky girl. Now I need instructions on just how you got your husband to do that??? I bought mine a new boat motor last year and I still have all my windows for the greenhouse he was going to build me over 20 years ago. I must be doing something wrong

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very nice, I'm so jealous....lol
Thanks for sharing with us. No blooms here, just cold
Do you want to rent hubby out????

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Treva I am ready to trade husbands with you??? What say you???

Treva

Thank You all so very much! I really am enjoying it!
My husband has tried so hard to give me a nice home here!
When we lost all to Katrina it was hard to imagine I would be happy anywhere but back on the beach. My husband and I both had a dream of retiring on the beach.
Well God has so Blessed us...we now have a beautiful home that we completely did ourselves (took 3 years) and a acre and half pond ( no 30'surge here).
And now my husband has Blessed me with a wonderful aid to my obsession!!

I hope I dont bore y'all I Love sharing pictures! And there are many more to come!!!!

PS....no trades on the husband...sorry!
;)hmmm... for rent???... we are really slow right now...if Iasked him about renting him out...he might just take you up on it!

DizzyDaff

Love it!

Truly amazing Treva! I am always so happy to see your before, during & done photos! It is so wonderful what y'all have created out of a little plot of land. :)
How are Dizzy Rose & Daffy Rose? I saw caudex-es in some of the pics - is that the girls?? LOL!!! ;)
And no - you can not post too many pics! We want MORE!! :D

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hay, Miss Dizzy, I think you will see a familiar work of art in one of the other threads. It looks like I will get to use it here. LOL

Treva

Hi Dizzy!

Thank You so much! I love sharing my pictures!
As matter of fact I will have to take some new Pictures of Diizzy Rose and Daffy Rose...they are beautiful!

This is the most recent picture I have of them and its several months old!
DSCN4482.png

I gave them all haircuts and started babies from the cuttings, I had about 25% success rate! So now I have baby dizzy and daffys!

I will be posting more pictures very soon!

Thank You My Friend

M

Mari-Jo

Your greenhouse/sunroom is just BEAUTIFUL...........you have some very lovely plants there.............love the Gerbera........:)

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Dizzy!

Thank You so much! I love sharing my pictures!
As matter of fact I will have to take some new Pictures of Diizzy Rose and Daffy Rose...they are beautiful!

This is the most recent picture I have of them and its several months old!
DSCN4482.png

I gave them all haircuts and started babies from the cuttings, I had about 25% success rate! So now I have baby dizzy and daffys!

I will be posting more pictures very soon!

Thank You My Friend

It is good to see your adeniums doing so good. I found out that one not one of my callings.

Treva

Why dale? What problem are you having with them?

I have close to 200 now and those pictures are several months old, i have them at every stage from a year old to 4 days! LOL!

Treva

My seed room

Here are some pictures of my seedlings and seed room. The seed room opens into my greenhouse.

DSCN4797.png

DSCN4796.png

DSCN4798.png

DSCN4799.png

DSCN4833.jpg

to be continued!:D

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why dale? What problem are you having with them?

I have close to 200 now and those pictures are several months old, i have them at every stage from a year old to 4 days! LOL!

Treva all of mine are dead now that we started from seeds last year. Think I gave them too much care. Guess they aren't my cup of tea.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Treva, I love Dessert Roses!! I have a few thanks to a very generous member who shared seeds and one who sent me a baby.
They grow so slow but they're worth the wait.

Treva

Treva all of mine are dead now that we started from seeds last year. Think I gave them too much care. Guess they aren't my cup of tea.

Dale i am so sorry...was it to cold? I have only lost 2 since frying my frst batch!:cool:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com