Valentine's Wish List

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is how it works
Anyone can participate. Everyone who particiaptes understands that this is done without expectating anything in return. You may post a wish list of only ten items. It can be seeds, bulbs, tubers, etc. Anyone who has an item on your wish list can respond and offer to send it to you. They (the sender) would pay the postage. Please do not post addresses in the threads. Please send them via private message or email. Please post a thank you to the person so that they know you received whatever it was that they sent you.
The only problem is that members can not edit their posts saying that they received something off their wish list. If you have received something I can as a moderator post on your wish list that the item has been received. You can PM me and I will edit your wish list., Other mods might be willing to do this for you too. I can not vouch for them. If you are a mod and would like to be involved in doing this for the members please post on here so the members know that they can contact you to edit their wish list too.
If there are any questions, please let me know. Not sure if I explained this so others can understand how it works. I know some have done this on other forums so they know how it works. Good luck and post those wish lists and hopefully someone has something that you wished for and will send it you to.

Last edited:

Treva

Laurie
Thank You so much for doing this! I have done this before and it is so much FUN!
The best part is getting to fulfill others wishes!

The hard part is coming up with a wish list (because I want everything, and need nothing!)

Ok so 10 things I wish for .....

1. Adeniums
2. Amaryllis
3. Bananas
4. Bromilaids
5. Cacti & Succulents
6. Calla Lillys
7. Epis
8. Hoyas
9. Orchids
10 Tropicals any and All!

Ok so I want to see all of your lists!

Here's mine!

I have limited outdoor space because my landlord has prohibited me from planting things in the ground. So here goes my list....I also have filtered light, so I've no longer got the bright light I used to have...I do have full spectrum lights inside, though.

1. Dwarf Cannas -- Pink Sunburst, Lucifer, Picasso
  2. Short Brugs -- Snowcone and Inca Sun
  3. Stromanthe Sanguinea Tricolor or 'Triostar'
  4. Adeniums
  5. Cacti and succulents -- especially epis and shade lovers
  6. Thai Hybrid Euphorbia -- Mili
  7. Hoyas -- Hindu Rope and anything else.
  8. Justicia Carnea - Brazilian Plume or Rose Pine Cone Flower
  9. Carniverous plants (Butterwort, Sarracenia, etc.)
  10. air plants -- Tillandsia

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laurie
Thank You so much for doing this! I have done this before and it is so much FUN!

The hard part is coming up with a wish list (because I want everything, and need nothing!)

Treva, I still have to smile when I look up on top of my linear amplifier and see my tractor, trailer and Tonka truck. The linear is part of my radio equipment. The computer desk doubles as a ham shack (amateur radio station).

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mainegal, I would be glad to edit the wish lists for members.

My wish list:
Multi colored butterfly bush cuttings
Midnight Blue butterfly bush cuttings
Any Morning glory bush seeds
Moon flower vine seeds
Ginger..any but white flowering
Camelia sprout,,any color
daylilly bulbs..any but orange
Anything tropical

Can't think of anything more right now..

Dor

My wishlist

1. Corkscrew vine seeds
2. Night blooming Cereus cutting
3. Orienpet
4. Asiatic lilies
5. Any Tropical
6. Bromeliad
7. White Spider Lily
8. Split Leaf Philodendrum
9. Hen and Chicks
10. Calla Lily

Kya D

OK I feel bad I could never post "anything tropical" zone 4-5 really doesn't get along well with tropicals.
But I am going to search my stash for anything on anyone's list.

Kya D

Oh BTW Ms Treva. The amaryllis that I buy at Christmas time that bloom in my house.
Is that the kind on your list? I can never get mine to rebloom but I love them enough
to buy them and then figure out what to do with them later. I keep telling my hubby that cut flowers would never give me as much joy as the amaryllis do so it is worth buying them every year.

Treva

Mr. Randy that was sooo much Fun!
I Love all the gifts and trades I have recieved from my gardenbuddies!
My place would be nothing without them!

But it is so much Fun to GIVE when I am able!!!
There is so much JOY in it! And I am BLESSED beyond words!

I hope that tractor brings you many years of Joy, I know that you and all my garden friends have truly BLESSED me!
Laurie

Treva, I still have to smile when I look up on top of my linear amplifier and see my tractor, trailer and Tonka truck. The linear is part of my radio equipment. The computer desk doubles as a ham shack (amateur radio station).

Treva

Oh BTW Ms Treva. The amaryllis that I buy at Christmas time that bloom in my house.
Is that the kind on your list? I can never get mine to rebloom but I love them enough
to buy them and then figure out what to do with them later. I keep telling my hubby that cut flowers would never give me as much joy as the amaryllis do so it is worth buying them every year.
Yes My Friend! Those are the Amaryllis I Love! I can put them in the ground here;)

I am not sure how to get them to rebloom indoors, but I really think there is a method?:confused:

My wish list:

1. Arisarum proboscideum 'Mouse Plant'
2. Aristolochia Elegans`Pelican Flower' Calico Vine
3. Brugmansia Angel’s Trumpets (shredded peach and culebra)
4. Clitoria ternatea - White single and double
5. Cryptostegia Madagascariensis
6. Habenaria radiata 'Egret Flower'
7. Iochroma
8. Morning Glory 'Split Personality', Sunrise Serenade', 'Rosesilk'
9. Shrimp plant (except yellow or fruit cocktail)
10.Tricyrtis 'Toad Lily'

Dora's wish list:
Honey comb butterfly bush (yellow flowering)
Echinachea - summer sky
Echinachea - others from the big sky series
Lilac - Josee (the yellow one)
Asters
Cannas - any (I know they are not hardy but I promise to dig them up)
Jacob cline Monarda (I think this requires a cutting?)
Anything else that would do well in zone 5, full sun. Yes I'm looking for suggestions as I know there can be a difference between what the nursery says will do alright and what will really do well.

Dora/Garden Goddess

Jeez, I haven't heard of most any of the plants/flowers you guys have posted :rolleyes:

and Dora, a YELLOW LILAC? Really??
Never heard of that either.

No doubt about it, I've gotta get out more ;)

Here is my list, and you won't find any tropicals on it...lol!!
1. Gaillardia Oranges and Lemons - (Received)
2. Delphinium
3. Iris seed or bulbs - (Received)
4. Lily seed or bulbs
5. Unusual Marigold
6. Morning Glory Bush
7. Rose cuttings
8. Cannas (oops, I lied)
9. Dahlia
10. Allium - (Received)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com