Veggie oil not butter

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GardenBear1

I was making cookies this past week and ran out of butter, I didn't want to go to the store for just butter, so I went next door to see if I could bum some off them, I was told ever politely that she didn't use butter in her cookies, she makes some great cookies, she replaces butter with veggie oil, and you can't tell the diff. there less salt and its better for you, by the way my cookies made a hit at the day care center, if kids won't eat them no one will, 1 cup butter = 1 cup veggie oil.

I've heard oil can be replaced by applesauce if butter can be replaced by oil maby it can too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear,
I had heard that but was always a little afraid to try it. Thanks, Now I will!

Biyu,
Welcome! My son who is "Mr. vegetarian" told me about the applesauce and also that you can use banana to replace oil or butter. He made us brownies with a banana instead of oil and they we really good. You couldn't tell the difference!

Oil in place of butter works, as does applesauce in place of oil. BUT you have to be careful you don't get too many substitutions in one recipe. I had a neighbor that tasted my banana bread and wanted the recipe. She heard about using applesauce as a sub for oil, so she tried that. It was good so the next time she subbed artificial sweetener for the sugar (don't do this) AND sauce for the oil AND egg beaters for the eggs. Then she tells me "I made YOUR recipe for banana bread and it was awful! I laugh now, but at that moment I was a little miffed at getting the blame. Silly woman, lol.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back