Welcome from the GardenForums Staff

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Especially when there is a kid in it, huh? LOL I like cabbage too, but the Sanders part of the family doesn't. But they don't like Brussels sprouts either and I had those last Friday for dinner and they were all eaten. I had sauteed them in some olive oil and minced garlic with a little salt and pepper and David really liked them. I didn't tell him it was healthy food or he may not have tried it.

Randy, I am glad you brought up the yarn thing. I haven't done that in a while. I started on a new baby blanket. I made one that I am keeping for my first grand child. Which I hope won't be in the near future! I figured if I start now I will have them ready. It takes me forever. Brussel sprouts sounds good. I don't cook them very much because of my hubby. They are the worst thing for his kidney stones.
Mom, maybe that's why I love cabbage so much. Is there something you not telling me? lol!

I hadn't heard that one, but then I haven't ever had kidney stones. I'm always pleased though when I know David or the grandkids don't like something and I can fix it so they do. Liver, however, is a lost cause.

When I was growing up, my mother used to feed me calves liver quite often. I was anemic, and the medicine I had to take was so thoroughly disgusting, I would have eaten almost anything to avoid it.

Nowadays, we know that liver is high in cholesterol......and so it's on one of the forbidden lists. But pate de fois gras????????? It's yummy!

We used to have liver when I was growing up because it was quite cheap. I had to eat some as that was all we had, but I sure didn't like it. It was when I got in the navy that I realized that I did like it and that was because there was no eating between meals and by the time meal tiime came around, I was hungry. I still like it, but I probably only have some every three or four years. But that's still more often than lobster and I love lobster.

I think I've only had lobster once in my entire life. It was in Boston, and I was there for my brother's wedding. You know something? In a couple of weeks, my brother and sister in law will be celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary, I think.

Brussel sprouts are high in calcium so it's only if you have calcium stones. Liver is good for you but ya'll can have all you want. I had Lobster one time on my anniversary a couple years ago but I would rather have crab legs.

Especially when there is a kid in it, huh? LOL I like cabbage too, but the Sanders part of the family doesn't. But they don't like Brussels sprouts either and I had those last Friday for dinner and they were all eaten. I had sauteed them in some olive oil and minced garlic with a little salt and pepper and David really liked them. I didn't tell him it was healthy food or he may not have tried it.

LOL...well, I have gotten many people to eat many things they say they don't like...by just not telling them what it is until once tried...LOL

Randy
If I ever make it out there again, I will bring fresh lobsters with me. Just for you and of course anyone else in the family that likes it. As you know, Bobbi and I had it for dinner Fri night when she was here. Yummy

I only eat liver when it comes in a small plastic tub with PATE on the label! It's great on crackers and a glass of wine!
Fried liver and onions! YUCK!

I've never had that one, Ron, but both my dad and my wife's dad would sometimes buy some liverwurst. I consider it ATSL food (able to sustain life), but I wouldn't walk across the street for it unless I was powerful hungry.

Now, Laurie, you don't have to do that for me. Save your money for the plane ticket. We would love to have you come again and hopefully during the berry season.

Sorry guys-I guess I'm one of the rare few who likes liver & onions--as long as it's cooked right. And I LOVE chicken livers wrapped in bacon!!! Yum!:eek::D

Gonepostal I'm with you on the liver----I Loooove it and if it is served with mashed potatoes, liver gravy and spinach I am in heaven. I know a lot of you are probably gaging while reading this ---- You are either a liver lover or a liver hater there is no in between.

That is right either a lover or hater. I was a lover but now it is not in my diet. I have to find my iron another way. Oh how I miss them.

My neighbor across the road knows I like liver (and onions), but I can't eat all that she gives me, so I feed the kitties most of it. She has a friend that does a lot of hunting and he gives her the livers of the elk and deer that he gets. That's anywhere from 3 to 5 whole livers in a year.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back