Welcome Members from GH

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Good evening, Miss Roe. It is good to see you aboard. I think as you make your way around, you will find that not only old friends will be here but there are some that will also become great friends in short order.

Thank You friends...I know we are going to come through this storm, God will never leave nor forsake us! Now where our residence will be???

I am so happy I was invited to this site! So many of my garden family is here and it looks like it will do nothing but grow from here!!!!

WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO BE!

I Love You All!

Good morning my dear friend Treva. Good to see you posting this early. I keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. The LORD will provide our needs according to his riches in Glory. Love you much

Good morning my dear friend Treva. Good to see you posting this early. I keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. The LORD will provide our needs according to his riches in Glory. Love you much

THANK YOU Dorothy! Your encouragement and prayers I am eternaly Thankful for!

I Love You Too!

What a warm welcome!

Bob, thank you for the warm welcome! This really does seem like a friendly place. The set up is quite simple and easy to navigate.

You are right -- people CAN belong to different sites, and maybe I was wrong in the past for thinking they shouldn't. Different sites have different things to offer, and as gardeners, we can learn something new and different from all of these sites.

I'm always amazed at the strength of friendships that are forged on these sites, and how close we become as friends. No matter where we are, the most important thing is that we have a place where we can stay in touch with our cherished friends, and it's always neat to meet new ones.

Gloria, thank you for starting this thread.

To all of you who were here before, thank you for rolling out the carpet of red flowers to welcome us and to make this feel like another new home. You all ROCK!

Bob, thank you for the warm welcome! This really does seem like a friendly place. The set up is quite simple and easy to navigate.

Thank you for the compliment... It's a nice program, and it has a lot of features too, but they don't get in the way of the basics. This program has been around for a long time, and they continually improve it. They also listen to input from the folks who are using the program, which is why it works so well. I've had several features I (and others) have requested show up in an upgrade.

You are right -- people CAN belong to different sites, and maybe I was wrong in the past for thinking they shouldn't. Different sites have different things to offer, and as gardeners, we can learn something new and different from all of these sites.

I'm always amazed at the strength of friendships that are forged on these sites, and how close we become as friends. No matter where we are, the most important thing is that we have a place where we can stay in touch with our cherished friends, and it's always neat to meet new ones.

Gloria, thank you for starting this thread.

To all of you who were here before, thank you for rolling out the carpet of red flowers to welcome us and to make this feel like another new home. You all ROCK!

Once again, thank you... I know that there are some folks who think folks should only belong to one site. I totally agree with what you said. It's no different than reading more than one garden magazine, buying your plants at a couple different nurseries or even belonging to a couple different gardening associations and clubs.

There's enough gardeners on the web that we don't have to be selfish. This isn't a competition, and there are enough people for everyone to have an active and informative site.

Sure, most folks will have a favorite, the one they visit most, but there's nothing wrong with going to other sites too and seeing what's out there.

Thanks for the welcome Bob. We just love it here!!!!!!!
I can't wait until it warms up enough so we can do some trading too

Oh Girl that just ain't right. I didn't mention that there was so much snow that I couldn't get all the way to work. So I ended up hoofing it the rest of the way.
I hate when I push so much snow with the bumper that it stops me in my tracks

Dawn, I grew up in Chicago. They've had so much snow this year, they hardly know what to do with it. I remember winters like that. Then I lived in Iowa for 22 years, and even though I lived in a major university town, it was rural by comparison to a big city. We got tons of snow and cold there, too......

For the longest time, I thought I didn't want to leave the Midwest. My husband was the one who decided we were coming to Texas. I balked at it for quite a while. After we were here for a bit, I told him I must have been nuts for complaining.

We've had a rough winter this year, but it's NOTHING compared to what you have to endure. Are you sure you wouldn't rather be living south? My husband thinks Belize sounds very inviting! He isn't getting an argument from me there. Whenever he mentions some warm and tropical place, I ask him when we are going.

You have an open invitation, my friend! The weather is great, and there's a pool and hot tub not far from my door. Bring the bug juice and sun screen!

Well maybe I will just take you up on that. Bug juice and sunscreen for sure.You know if I only had to deal with winters there I will be fine but the summers just about do me in.
Y'all come up here sometime and we will go see elk, deer, stangs (mustangs) pronghorn, coyote, and other cool stuff. The mountain is 13,063 elev. but we can only drive to 10,000 ft. AND we will go visit Dizzy.

10,000 feet? 13,000 feet? Dawn, I'm TERRIFIED of heights. I can go in an airplane but I can't ever sit by the window. I consider it a heroic accomplishment if I can change a light bulb by standing on a step ladder. And I had to FORCE myself to stand on the step stool to hang the hummingbird feeders. But a mountain??????????? I'm having anxiety issues just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!! I'd love to see elk and other critters. I have seen deer. Never seen mustangs, though. Any buffalo around there? It's really tasty. I like to give that to my husband because beef is so bad for his gout!

Oh, I almost forgot! Bring your swimming suit!!!!

When your head is always in the clouds, as mine is, it's important to keep your feet on the ground......I need to have something to keep me grounded! (LOL)

Oh alright you win. I will keep my mountains. But you can be in the basin and still be at 5500 feet. I guess I have never lived anywhere except in the high desert. We have mts all the way around us and a valley down here. We have caves too here in the valley, we love the caves.

What do you have in the caves? I imagine they are great hiding places. I bet every time you turn around, you are in awe of the spectacular mountain views!!!!!!!! I don't mind being up high -- as long as I don't have to look down, and as long as someone holds on to me for dear life!!!!!!!!!

Do you ski? I'd love to try! I've never done it!

Susan, you and I share that same fear of heights but I love the mountains. I've been to the Great Smokey Mts of NC. I even got the nerve to ride the chair lift up to mile high Ghost Town once, most of the ride I had my eyes closed but just had to peek a time or two. The view in the mountains is like none other you will ever experience. It is truly awesome.

Hi Yall! I have been frustrated lately with GH, so I thought I'd come here to chat with some of my friends. Glad that there is an outlet like this.

Oma, you're in good company! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee or whatever, and join in! Come to think of it, maybe we need a stiff drink to deal with all those frustrations!

Welcome aboard!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back