Welcome to the new and improved forum. Now using Xenforo 2!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
On 3/30/18 I upgraded the forum software from Vbulletin 4 to Xenforo. This was a grueling 18 hour process, as I had to install version 1, import all of the forum data from Vbulletin and PhotoPost and then, once that was complete and verified, I immediately upgraded to Xenforo 2, which doesn't have import functions yet.

There are several reasons for the upgrade. First of all, Vbulletin 4 is no longer supported. It had also become vulnerable to hacks, and it was becoming harder and harder to repel attacks.

The other reason is that Xenforo has plenty of new features and it's also much better suited for phones and other mobile devices.

We'll be making a few more changes, and doing some edits, but I think we're done with long term outages and upgrades for now.

OK, folks, I think I've got the majority of the remodeling done for now. If you're having problems, or see something that doesn't look right, please speak up. We had a problem where guest couldn't view full size images without registering. Somebody let me know and I corrected that. There could be more issues like that lurking, so speak up if you see an issue.

Great job Bob!
Now you can take a break! ;)

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 350
Ron, I've got the "heavy lifting" done, but there's still some work I need to complete.

Today's project is getting our Privacy Policy and Affiliate Disclosure back in place. They were both lost during the upgrades, and I need to reinstall them and make them easy to find. I need to get that done as soon as possible and then the important items will be completed.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back