What a sight!

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

R

RiverRock

I was out in my backyard little bit ago and I heard this noise that sounded like a bunch of sea guls. I looked up and sure enough there was a group of guls circling over head and I though why are they in this area? It is not normal to see them here. As I watched I turned to look towards the river and I saw a large bird heading my way so I watched to see what it was doing as I knew it was a bird of prey.
As it got closer I could see that this was a beautiful bald eagle! It is rare for us to see them here. Some times yo can see them if you are out of town towards the mountains enough but rarely do they come in this close. And here the beautiful majestic bird was circling right over my house. Thank you Lord for your awesome creation. What a sight:D

RR

Kya D

Ya know RR we are about 250 miles from Salt Lake and when the farmers plow their fields out here the sea gulls come clear down here to glean bugs out of the fresh turned soil. It has always amazed me that they come this far.

Dale

Super Moderator
Staff member
What a marvelous experience for you. Did you capture any of the event with your camera? Inquiring minds want to know.

R

RiverRock

Oh Dale I wish so much I had but the eagle was to high up and moving to fast I could not get it. So it is just stored in my mind:) When I lived in Alaska many years ago I saw them a lot so this was a real treat for me since it has been so long.

RR

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com