What annuals do you like?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wondering what annuals others like.
I like:
petunias
zinnias
marigolds
four o'clocks
sweet peas
blue bonnets
indian paintbrush
indian blanket
any daisy
vinca
baby's breath
Bells of Ireland
just to name a few. Some I have growing some I can't seem to grow and others are just pretty and I've never tried

Gardengoddess

I love zinnias. They’re so drought tolerant and bees and hummers love them too. I switched from petunias to geraniums in my containers on my deck as they handle hot dry conditions better.

One fav of mine is gazanias and they’re hard to find around my area.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think I have tried them in my containers but it will give me something to look for. I love the amount of color you can get form annuals.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too many to list I don’t usually plant annuals I need to start some from seeds as I have lots of seeds

Gardengoddess

Too many to list I don’t usually plant annuals I need to start some from seeds as I have lots of seeds
I mainly use annuals in my hanging baskets and pots. Not so much in my garden beds. I have thrown out seeds to fill in while I wait for my perennials to fill in.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com