What birds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

This one is so little looks like it might have been taking its first flight. It is eating worms really good. Do you think I should try sunflower seeds? I think the parents would still be feeding it.

Do you have some way to keep it inside for a bit ~ like a bird cage or a box with .....uh. Do you have cats or anything? It is amazing what we can do. My husband was off the other day and...of all days...we had a hummingbird fly into our sliding glass door. I didn't see this so, all I heard was "YOU COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW ~ NOW!" so, I did. He continues to yell, now with "WORK YOUR MAGIC! IT'S ON THE DOORMAT! IT'S A BIRD! " We have chipmiunks regularly, due to cats. So it was a hummer and no plastic gloves, I picked it up and held it by my heart. My husband wanted me to take a picture of it ~ HELLO, I have it in my hand so we moved onto "Let me see it up close". I did dishes onehanded and this lovely little creature gradually came to life. I released it when I knew it was truly OK (don't want the cats to get it, even though our cats are tolerant of 'strays') You will be fine, MyFedora ~ instincts are what women are great at. Worms, worms it is :) ~

UPDATE: On baby cardinal

Took the baby bird to the sanctuary this morning. They said it was a female. She had a broken beak but was ok since she was eating worms. Maybe some head trauma which they gave celebrex for. Said she should be fine but only time would tell. They were going to put her in with another new arrival male cardinal that was about the same size and had the same problem. They gave me a case # and the website where I can check up on her. And will send me a card in the mail if she is released or have to stay in the sanctuary forever, or even if she dies. That is one cool place to visit.

Ah....I was going to ask but wasn't sure. Sounds like a great place, myfedora. One time on my way to work, I hit a chipmunk and I went into the classroom and one of the kids asked,"Why are you crying?" I couldn't open my mouth but eventually I told them what had happened and this little girl said," ooooo.....it's Mommy and Daddy are really sad now." I barely got through the day. My husband gets SO angry when I'm saving everything the cats bring in that are still alive, but hey......their "Mommy and Daddy would be sad." Thanks for the update. Let us know how she is doing. Great job! ~ :)

Update on baby cardinal. My baby bird died. They did all they could but the brain damage was too much. All I can say is we tried. BUT after this happened we have been trying to come up with something to put on the window to keep the birds from flying into it. I think we found it. I had 2 cans of spray snow left over from xmas so I sprayed it on the inside of the window and haven't had any more birds hitting the window.

Mohawk is yours ~ really. Mohawk chose you < < < . I'm sure he isn't really bugging you :) Bet your husband has even learned to like him. Sorry to hear about the baby. My husband witnessed me carrying around a dead field mouse, talking to the cats (loudly) "YOU can bring them in BUT THEY SHOULD NOT BE DEAD<! GOT IT?" (Hubby= Yeah, I'm sure they 'got it'.) ~ :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back