What have you bought or ordered this year so far?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I bought some Nasturtium, Climbing Mix today... They were Only 28 UK Pence

I have taken on a small bit of garden by my flat as it was just Weedkilled (That lasted for 6 Months) and left bare, it was a REAL mess.... I Got SO Fed up of looking at it! I'm trying to do it without spending a lot....

for me..

I just got my 288 pansies in the mail, have started basil,thyme,dill,tomatoes,peppers.
ordered, cauliflower,broccoli,mums, green beans, cukes,peas,tomato, clematis-niobe, watermelon,parsley.
still need to get my petunias, begonias, impatient, and gerinums.

All those seeds that I bought. I seed start perennials and unusual annuals in my basement in Dec/Jan aand sell them yard sale like on my driveway on the weekends in May/June. I pot up the babies into 4 or 5 " pots, also dig and divide my own perennials and sell them. I usually pot up a few thousand. It helps pay the taxes which are outrageous here in NY. I have 2 garden clubs that buy in bulk for their spring sales. Its alot of fun/work, but I love it.

Thanks, Ron I wish you all lived in my neck of the woods, maybe I'd make enough to take a vacation!!!!! I actually had my first vacation last summer in 10 years, my oldest daughter took me on an Alaskan Cruise.

Thanks, Ron I wish you all lived in my neck of the woods, maybe I'd make enough to take a vacation!!!!! I actually had my first vacation last summer in 10 years, my oldest daughter took me on an Alaskan Cruise.

Which Cruise Liner?????? ;)

My dahlias and peonies have come up, all of them, I was concerned about my one peony, as only two of them had sprouted, but the last one came up way away from the tuber. I don't plant in twos as a rule, so I was happy to see the last guy.
I still need to make a Marigold choice, and maybe some purple allysum that will complete my front bed.
We have a bit more cleaning out to do in our woods out back. We have some wicked greenbriar that ripped us to shreds last spring, but if we get it cut back I can round it up when it resprouts, that is what the nursery guy told me to do, spray it as soon as it rebounds. I have never dealt with it and it is nasty.

I'm planning to buy new plants in our garden. I've bought orchids last month and I'm planning to buy birds of paradise are they easy to take care of?

ALRIGHT I JUST got my seeds from Mow's Garden.
She is so sweet and will personalize your pkg. if you want her to.
I get emails from her letting me know that she got the order then to let me know it has been shipped and the tracking number.
She only charges 1 dollar for shipping no matter how many seeds you order.
I really enjoy dealing with this sweet lady

I've bought my veggie seeds. When I first moved to the PNW I went to a nursery and Ed Hume shook my hand. I had no idea who he was at the time and I'd missed his talk but I received some free seeds. I didn't get to plant them for two years but when I did I had 100% germination so I've been buying his seeds ever since. I've started my tomato seeds and green peppers in the greenhouse. It will be mid May before I can put them in the ground. Come On Spring!

So far I have only bought some bareroot roses. I received 114 glad bulbs for my birthday earlier this month...guess everybody thought I wanted glad bulbs...lol!! Thats great though because I love them!! I am thinking that my friend Margie had something to do with it. I am planning on buying the bulk of my stuff 4-17-09. This cool greenhouse I found last year has a killer perrenial sale then. The plants are small but very healthy and really really cheap. I haven't been to Walmart or Big Lots...will have to check them out. I still want to order some anemone and spoon mums from Kings. Hoping they won't be sold out before I get around to it.

I ordered a banana tree from springhill nursrey and some red border lilies from michigan bulb co. So far that is all I've ordered. I plan on ordering some angel trumpet plants next week. I want some of each color.

My second order arrived this morning from Gradens North!
Boy, will I ever be busy!
I will not be starting all of them, just a few of each to get me started on creating a business in selling potted perennials for next year.
I already have a name picked, "Norht Shore Perennials"!
The seeds I ordered are for zones 4, 5, and 6. All are species I never, or rarely, ever, see at any of the local garden centres!

Last edited:
North shore perennials sounds like a wonderful idea. I wish you all the best in this endeavor

We bought a new cypress the other day, I wanted a dwarf Nootka, wait, let me go outside and see the name on the label. Well's special Hinoki cypress. I hope that it gives me the effect of the Nootka that I really wanted, but was too big for our yard. I take the advice of our guys at our local garden center, they really know their stuff. I love it when people love their jobs, they are always so informed. I know that lots of people go to the garden centers for advice and then go to Walmart to purchase. I do that too for the ordinary stuff, but like to give some money to the guys who help me out.

I've just started to buy new plants so far I have ordered a black bearded iris called Superstition, want to get more of the black iris, half lb white colver, 14 Agapanthus, lily of the nile , also want to get a few allium for the front yard

My Cross County peppers will arrive today!

* does happy dance*

My Cross Country peppers will arrive today!

I don't have time, space, or access to seeds for all the peppers I want, so I always order some from Cross Country for my sister and myself.

And my Cross Country peppers will arrive today!

I go my border lilies planted, but I'm afraid to set my banana tree out just yet. I hope it will be warm enough next week. My angel trumpets have arrived. I forgot that I had ordered them and friday I ordered them again. I remembered when I got my bank statements and saw the canceled check. I will have 2 of each color now, but thats ok maybe at least I'll have some angel trumpets now. I've been wanting some for years.

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back