What herbs will you grow in 2017?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just curious about what herbs you are planning to grow this year. I will be growing Rosemary, Oregano, Chives since these are already in the garden. I had planted tarragon in the garden a few years ago and it took over everything. It had to go. Since I retired this last year I'm planning on planting more and tending it better this year.
I am thinking about basil, parsley, thyme, and sage. I will put the basil in a pot on the deck but the others will be in the garden. More on the plans as soon as I get the gardens back into shape.

latebloomer

I have oregano,thyme,and sweet marjoram, sage and Clary that overwintered. Just planted dill and plan on at least three different kinds of basil!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the time I got my herbs planted, I decided to put most of them in pots on the deck. I have a pot with sweet basil and purple basil. A pot with chives, sage and parsley. two small pots with thyme English and lemon. In the garden I have rosemary cause it will winter over and get huge later.
I also have echinacea in the garden. The echinacea is about to take over parts of the garden.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com