What is killing mint and rosemary?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

JoeJoe

2015-02-09 15.29.29.jpg
2015-02-09 15.39.15.jpg

The mint looks like it has spidermites.... remove infected leaves...use a solution of one drop of dishsoap to 2 cups of warm water and spray the whole plant. Spray once a day for a few days....make sure you spray the undersides of the leaves.....
The rosemary looks stressed.....possible problem is overwatering.. Let the soil surface dry before rewatering.

I'm going to give it a try. They both have white clusters on them around the stems. Looks almost fluffy. It's on both of them , but it can be seen on the bottom left of the rosemary. Any thoughts? Thanks again for your help.

Now I see it!
Mealybugs...use rubbing alcohol....a q-tip works well for dabbing them with the alcohol!!

Hi,

Did you find any paper like nests on the plant then no doubt the problem is caused due to the attack of wasps on your plant. Wasps are small insects which have a yellow stripe in their body. They may create damages in the leaves. I will share you some tips to avoid its attack.

1.Create a homemade wasp trap.For this you need a jar with lid,orange juice and a spoon full of jam. Spread the jam under the lid and half fill the jar with orange juice make a hole on the lid and close it. The wasp will be attracted by the smell of the jam and will fall into the orange juice while crawling inside to get the jam.

2.You can use a garden hose and spray water with force. Then they will drown in the water.

3.Destroy the wasp’s nest whenever you find it.

If you still doesn’t notice any change contact a trusted wildlife relocater. This website will help you(http://removethewild.com/)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back