WhAT IS THIS?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

Do you know what this is?It came in a bouquet.I think maybe it will root for me.It look's like a shrub the stems are hard wood leave's are stiff.The middle looks like a tiny cone.Does'nt have a smell.

Attachments

• Moms flowers 001.JPG
    Moms flowers 001.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 297
  • Moms flowers 002.JPG
    Moms flowers 002.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 294
  • Moms flowers 003.JPG
    Moms flowers 003.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 290
  • Moms flowers 004.JPG
    Moms flowers 004.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Moms flowers 005.JPG
    Moms flowers 005.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 293

Bernie

Kay was it in a tropical bouquet? Are the leaves a little leathery? I may be way off base but it looks like protea to me. Even the bud looks like protea. They are amazing flowers. In Hawaii they grow dozens of different varieties and they also use the foliage in bouquets. I've never grown one but they were grown commercially on the part of the island that had light well drained soil and cooler temps. They are originally from Australia and South Africa. I hope it roots for you I’d love to see what it turns out to be.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com