What kind of theme gardens does everyone have?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine is Xeric Gardening!
Amazing how many perennial seeds are available from around the world that are drought tolerant, and love almost pure sand, and low rainfall!
Half the fun is doing research and finding all these websites with the seeds I need!
Penstemon and cacti will be a big part of the plantings, as are sempervivums and Jovibarbas.
Been spending the last 3 weeks ordering seed from various seed companies that specialize on the odd and unusual, as well as native perennial seed, that are hard to find, and not readily available through the usual seed companies!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I had more time to garden I would be doing more focal planting , but as it stands right now a veggie garden tops my list for sustance. I do have a few "flower" gardens and a court yard with tropical type plantings.

Gardengoddess

my garden theme is kinda "Crazy Plant Lady"

if I find a spot that something will fit in I plant it there!

Crazy plant lady lol I can totally relate. I love it! It's funny reading my posts from a couple of years ago. Now my theme is on creating some protected areas in my garden. With nothing really here when we moved in the plants I have put in have taken a beating with the wind. I plan on putting a wind break in my northwest corner come Spring.

Another theme area I'm working on is "The Grove" in the southwest corner. It will eventually be a shady retreat area. I've already killed a sugar maple back there :( The red maple and the river birch are doing well. I'm thinking I'll replace the sugar maple with a linden as I tested the soil and it came up a bit alkaline (about 7.8). I also want to add a couple of forest pansy redbuds.

Dora

KallieLashay

I decorated my garden in ladybugs with a little bit mushrooms, ants and whatever else I can find. I decided to go with a simple and afforable theme apart from all the fancy gardens!

I also have this amazing angel that glows in the dark! So pretty!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com