What now

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kya D

OK today I got my order from my fav mail order plant place.
Now for the big question
Does anyone know how deep to plant regal trumpet lilies????
I am guessing that they go 8" deep but I am not sure.
Any help would be great
Thanks

Wombat

When I plant bulbs my rule of thumb is 3 times the size of the bulb is the approximate planting depth. Maybe I've been lucky but they seem to all come up using that old method.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK today I got my order from my fav mail order plant place.
Now for the big question
Does anyone know how deep to plant regal trumpet lilies????
I am guessing that they go 8" deep but I am not sure.
Any help would be great
Thanks

With the taller lilies I plant them so their tops are at least 8" down! The depth helps to withstand winds, and helps prevent the bulbs from dividing!
There are usually small offset bulbs on the rooting part of the stem close to the soil surface! They're easy to find at the end of the growing season after the stems turn brown...You can pull these and plant then where you want them to grow next year!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com