What wrong with Aloe Plant?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

gator

Hello Everyone;
I'm new here, but desperate for anyone's help on this issue:

I have been raising Aloe Vera plants for years, without much knowledge, it's easy; just water and position them in the sun. Recently I've notice this brown dry film on the leaves causing them to look sickly. What ever this is has spread to my other plants though not as bad. What is this, and how I stop it? :(

Regards;
Gator

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 286
Hey Gator!
Spider mites ......plus overwatering!
Aloes like to dry out between waterings, and hate sitting in soggy soil! The excess waterings stress the plants and make them vulerable to spider mites as well as rot!
It is a bad combination!
Use either soapy water to wash the infected areas, or you can use rubbing alcohol. You can use a cotton pad or soft cloth. Repeat in a few days to kill off the eggs that hatch, and keep an eye on th eplant for a few weeks and treat as needed.
Looks like you might need to repot your plant with fresh potting soil, preferably a soil designed for succulants and cacti.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back