What's the weather in your area? 2017 Edition

Discussion in 'Over the Garden Fence' started by Crabbergirl, Jan 1, 2013.

1. woodstock

woodstock Well-Known Member

we had our cooldown yesterday afternoon. a lovely northern breeze and cooler temps from my canadian friends. this morning it was 55 and today is only 75. looks like rain is moving in for tomorrow, and the rest of the week looks sunny and about 80. more fall like but it beats the humidity we were having. 96% is a bit much of sticky.

2. woodstock

59 this morning and gloomy. its supposed to rain all day. we could use some nice gentle soaking rain, not thunderstorms tho.

3. RonsGarden

RonsGarden Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Dawn, glad you are enjoying your cool down!

70F with mostly overcast skies...humidex 81....
    There's a low scooting south of the great lakes which will bring conditions ripe for thunderstorms development.
    73 for the high light winds out of the west....might see some sun on and off.....humidex 82...
    Dipping to 61 tonight...

4. woodstock

ITS WAS ONLY 63 YESTERDAY FOR A HIGH. a bit chilly, but today it will be 80. maybe thunderstorms today. yesterday we had more steady rain and that was nice. felt really fall like tho and reminded me of whats ahead.

5. RonsGarden

Nice blip for you!;)
    Mosty cloudy with moments of sun...finally had a short shower early last evening....then the skies cleared. Nice wull moon last night!

63F with clear sunny, somewhat hazy skies.
    Light wind out of the NW.
    Heading up to 75 with ahumidex of 81....light winds shifting out of the SW..
    68 for tonight.

6. RonsGarden

64 earlier, now it's 70 with a humidex of 81.....
    Mostly sunny with light winds out of the SW...
    77 for the high with an 88 humidex....
    64 overnight....
    HHH is building again at least for the next 3 days before it dips down again...

7. woodstock

yes, Ron nice full moon. thats always a treat. got to 80 yesterday and today will be 83. still a few days left with high humidity, but its coming back this weekend. ugh. Im going to PA which is south so I can just imagine what it will be like down there. rain too so we will probably visit inside. too bad as my cousin has a huge screen porch.

RonsGarden likes this.
  8. RonsGarden

Dawn, have a great weekend in PA!

So glad it cools down at night!
    68F with partly cloudy skies....humidex 81.
    Winds are faint out of the south....
    79 for this afternoon with a humidex of 86.
    70 for overnight with a humidex of 81.
    Slight chance of t-cells developing this afternoon....

9. woodstock

60 this morning so a nice morning for windows opened all night. delightful!!! its going up to 85 today so it may get a bit sticky but I think the humidity is staying down so it should be ok in the shade. I like to sit outside on my break in the afternoon. the picnic table is in the shade.
    yesterday there was a nice breeze. maybe today will be the same. have a good day everyone!

RonsGarden likes this.
  10. lynpenny

lynpenny Super Moderator Staff Member

It is 9 am and it is83 already. Going up to 96 today. It is August in Texas everyone.

RonsGarden likes this.
  11. woodstock

60 this morning with a light breeze from the north. the humidity is a bit high but that will go down lateron. going up to 80 today. still a bit low for this time of yr. sounds like your having a hot one lynpenny. stay cool if you can.
    going to PA later for the weekend, so enjoy everyone and will be back next week.

12. RonsGarden

Hi Lyn, stay cool...

Slept in this morning! Woke with the start of a migraine....sure sign we are in for it....calling for a stormy weekend starting today! Looks like Sunday won't be too bad..
    72F and overcast...humidex 84...light winds out of the SW..
    75 for the high with thunderstorms...humidex 88.
    Doubt if we see much sun today...
    66 for the low with an 82 humidex...
    Another yucky for sleeping like last night!

13. RonsGarden

Had numerouus thunderstorms last evening and overnight! Lots of good rain fell!

72 with some sun, haze and clouds...humidex 82 ...with light winds out of the west.
    Hard to say what the temp will be this afternoon with the mix of sun and clouds....
    Thunderstorms possible this afternoon and evening.
    Low tonight 61 as the cool front settles in!

14. RonsGarden

Had a few periods of rain late yesterday afternoon....

Quiet day weather wise.
    59f with clear blue skies....light winds out of the NW.
    73 for the high with an 82 humidex...winds shifting out of the SW.
    63 for the low tonight...

15. woodstock

sat morning was very yucky and it was super humid in PA at my cousins house. she had all the windows opened so I lived with the heat. it did cool off at night tho and with the ceiling fan I was ok to sleep. sunday the wind shifted and there was a northern breeze to cool us down. sunny and perfectly lovely sunday for my drive home. we had fun and visited several wineries in her area of PA.

RonsGarden likes this.
  16. RonsGarden

Dawn,
    Sounds like you had a good time!

Today it starts to get warmer again..more humidity then temp wise!
    66F with high thin clouds..humidex 75...with light winds out of the east.
    77 for this afternoon with a humidex of 86....winds shifting out of the SE....mix of sun and clouds.
    63 for the low tonight....winds out of the south...

17. woodstock

I thought they said on friday that this week would be rain free and coolish. they lied again, thunderstorms last night from god knows where and more thunderstorms to come later and pea soup humidity today as well. ugh I think we are getting a cool front from you Ron again sometime this week tho.

18. RonsGarden

Sorry Dawn, it won't be much of a cool front, ...just a degree or two lower! That is still enough to trigger thunderstorms...
    We are heating up too!

70F with mostly sunny skies for now...humidex 79.
    77 for this afternoon with a humidex of 90....thunderstorms possible...temp could get higher depending on day time heating
    66 for the low....humidex 73....

19. RonsGarden

Thunderstorm with torrential downpour around 1:30pm yesterday....then another downpour an hour later.....and another around 4pm...then the clouds moverd out....got around 1/2 inch of rain...just too bad it wasn't over a longer period! The humidity was just plain nasty.....

63F on the cool side of the cool front....light winds out of the north...
    Mostly sunny with some high clouds....going up to 75 with a humidex of 86 ...winds shifting out of the NE.
    68 for the low with light winds shifting out of the east overnight....

20. woodstock

cooler this morning so all my windows are opened again. a light breeze too. it will be pleasant for tomorrow and then we heat up again. looks like next week will be high humidity again so august is going out with a bang.
    have a good day everyone.

RonsGarden likes this.