What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

57 going up to 64
Winds are out of the SW at 21 mph expecting higher winds later on this morning...
Mostly cloudy ...later on rain with thunderstorms possible....

48 here too, with sunny skies.....might see a high of 55

A few monarch butterfly stragglers flew by yesterday afternoon....doubt very much that they will make it to Mexico..... at least they were flying west!

We had a very pleasant 75 degree high temperature for today. We had light fog this morning but it had burned off pretty well by 10:00.

It's a little cool this morning with that light fog back with us and a temperature of 50 degrees. I think 71 is the expected high.

43 and sunny! Going up to 55......high of 57 for tomorrow.... into the 70's for Monday!

Keep seeing monarch butterflies heading west each morning....they fly by in ones and twos.....hope they make it.!!!
Find it strange to see so many so late in their migration.....
All the dragon flies left 2 weeks ago and haven't seen any stragglers.....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!
We are having out turkey dinner get together tomorrow, and it looks like it will be a super day weather wise!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Ron. julie is busy cooking as well for her big family get together.

37 here this morning, so a very chilly day. sunny tho, and will get to about 60 today.

Thanks Woodie!
46F with sunny skies.....going up to 55 and probably a bit higher this afternoon!
Very light winds again today......

Counted quite a few monarchs yesterday....gave up when I hit 50....and just enjoyed watching them fly west...
It really is odd to see so many so late! I'm rooting for them to make it to Mexico!!!!
Should be more today....

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving! we are having our dinner tomorrow too Ron. We usually do it on Sunday, but this year is a change. I made a pumpkin cheesecake today! the weather has truly turned to autumn....it has been raining a lot, and cooled right off. The leaves are finally changing colour, and there are all sorts of mushrooms popping up everywhere. Up till the middle of this past week, it still felt like summer here. This weather always makes me start thinking of heading south to California. Our gas prices have fallen to the lowest in 2 years, so we might just do it!

Didn't see even one monarch yesterday so guess all the stragglers are finally gone now!!
The turkey turned out beautifully and everyone enjoyed the afternoon here...had 12 here for dinner.....I did the turkey and gravy and everyone else brought the rest.....
Glad we had our get-together yesterday!!!
Today 59...rain all day with a high of 66......

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back