What's the weather in your area? 2022 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Woke to another 2 inches!
16 with some sun and clouds....light winds out of the west..windchill 3.
21 for the high...windchill 10...
9 for the low with snow developing from the Texas Low....windchill 1...winds shifting out of the NE
16 by morning with snow....could get 8 inches...

Another system for Fri.......and another one on Sunday
At least the temps won't be extremely cold!

woodstock

sounds like a real mess tomorrow. starts as snow in the morning, then changes to ice in the late afternoon. guess the temps must be going up but I hope they dont so its all snow. rather have snow than ice. going to 40 on sunday so we wont get snow hopefully. be careful Ron and sit tight!

woodstock

22 and snowing here this morning. came in later than expected. coming down at a good clip now and supposed to turn to ice lateron. still havent decided if Im going into work yet. its a wait and see game since I dont have to be in until noon.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been snowing steady since late last night...so far around 3 inches fell, and another 4 inches are expected for this afternoon..
Very light winds out of the north.
19 with a windchill of 9.... warming up to 25 this afternoon...windchill 14.
Snow should stop late afternoon...temp dropping to 7 overnight...windchill -4.

Very few cars on the road, schools are closed....definite snow day!

More snow for Fri, Sat, and Sun....probably 8 inches for the total...

woodstock

very bad here today. going to work was fine, roads were crappy so went slow in the snow. then it changed to freezing rain, then later to rain and now its back to freezing rain and a skating rink everywhere. THought my parking lot would be clean but its not. too much ice and they want to wait until tomorrow. so maybe it will all be over by then!!! work parking lot was a diaster. I almost didnt get out of that too. lots of ice everythere its coated. when is winter over???? hopefully soon.

woodstock

horrible situation here this morning. rained for hours before stopping. everything is iced! temps dropped to 19 last night. they couldnt salt while it was raining or it would wash away. not alot of happy people here. they were here at 7am to put down sand so we could walk on the sidewalks. there is a drive thru the complex to get out if you want to get to work. the plow people will have their hands full today. schools are all delayed. it would of been a better scenerio to have all snow, but after 4 hours of sleet we have what we have today! praying for a warm up soon.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh Woodie! That is horrible!

Sows stopped here early afternoon ....got around 6-7 inches.....took the super all afternoon to clear the parking area....really glad we didn't get any freezing rain!
1 when I got up and now it's 7 with a windchill of -2 ....very light winds out of the SW.
Partly sunny...with hazy overcast...
Today is a calm day with no snow....
19 for the high ...with winds picking up a bit out of the west.
7 for overnight with a windchill of -8 and light flurries.
Early morning we get hammered again with snow....6+inches....expecting it to snow all day....
Saturday flurries....Sunday more snow then we start to warm up Monday......

woodstock

this morning is 10 but I see some sunshine. they eventually got to clean up our parking lot yesterday but patches of ice everythere which they couldnt get up. once we get a warmup those patches will pop up. we are to get snow flurries today and I think rain over the weekend. we warm up on sunday into the 40's. and next week will be warmer so maybe winter is on its way out! I can dream of course but I fear we have a long way to go.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
16 with light winds out of the south...windchill 5.
Had just a light dusting so far, but the system is on it's way out of the west..... volume of snowfall is increasing slowly...
25 for this afternoon with snow, heavy at times...
Snow continues heavy at times this evening....
25 for the low with light snow overnight. ... windchill 18.
At least we won't be getting any strong winds so the snow won't be blowing around much...

We warm up next week but they warned us to expect frigid temps to return!

woodstock

snow started this afternoon. by 5 it was sticking and ice on the cars again. going to be a wild weekend. snow will mix lateron and maybe rain by tomorrow, then a drop in temps and more sleet sunday until it warms up and becomes rain. what a winter this has been. everyone is pulling their hair out around here.

woodstock

warmed up overnight . this morning its 34 and going up to 40. doesnt look like its going to do anything today but be cloudy. nice to get a break!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are not getting any break this weekend!!!

First round of snow ended around midnight...5"s fell....the dig out begins!
25 with overcast skies ....light winds out of the north...windchill 18...
Round 2 should begin in a few hours....bringing another 5"s
28 for this afternoon...winds shift out of the NE...
Round 3 starts tomorrow morning.....with another 5"s with ice pellets and possible freezing rain as the temp gets up to 30!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Round 2 over with... stopped snowing late evening...got around 4 inches... nice thing was that there was now winds.
Round 3 begins later on this morning with ice pellets/wet snow and freezing rain...should go on until late afternoon when it changes over to snow.
27 with light winds out of the NE ...windchill 14.
34 for this afternoon....
30 for this evening..winds shifting out of the west...not expecting much snowfall before it sputters out.
16 for the overnight...clearing.

woodstock

sounds like you should sit tight Ron. dont send it this way. we were to get sleet this morning but it warmed up enough and that went up into albany and north. we are getting all rain, and its pouring out now. at least I could go out and food shop this morning and stores were super quiet.
looks like you have some misfits showing up lately again. geez thought we were done with them.

woodstock

stayed mild enough to get just rain yesterday and boy did we get rain. this morning is 35 and grey but its going to clear up by tomorrow. looks warmer this week so hopefully it will be quiet.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
On average we get one spammer from India per day...wish they would give up!

Didn't get any snow yesterday...just a mix of rain/freezing rain and ice pellets....the snow piles have melted a bit!
16 with mostly sunny skies and light winds....Light winds seem to be a constant here and I'm not complaining!
25 for the high with sunny skies...winds out of the west.
Dropping to 5 as winds shift out of the SW tonight...windchill -4....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
7 winds very light out of the east ...windchill 1!!!
Mix of sun and clouds and should get up to 28....
Dipping to 25 (light winds out of the NE) this evening, and bumping up to 27 overnight (winds shifting out of the SW)! .... 32 by early morning!
High tomorrow 37...finally.....40ish on Thursday!!!

woodstock

35 this morning and gloomy but I see some blue skies up there trying hard to come. going to 40 today.
happy valentines day everyone.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy Valentine's!

34 and mostly sunny....the melt down begins!
Winds out of the SW will be breezy with the warm air moving in from the south!
39 for the high with mostly sunny skies.
37 this evening.... 39 overnight with showers moving in.
43 tomorrow with showers!....

Looks like the Cyclones in the Pacific are having a nice effect on our weather.....the Arctic airmass is retreating north!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
45 with thick fog!.....winds are out of the SW at 20 mph...Strange, we usually do not have much of a wind when it's foggy!
45 for this afternoon with showers.
41 this evening with rain.
Temp dropping slowly overnight to 30 by morning with isolated flurries...

Keep a lookout for weird unexpected weather...46 by Mon...50 on Tuesday!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com