What's the weather in your area? 2022 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

lots of rain yesterday and lots of flooding around. Im good tho. heavy fog this morning. supposed to see sunshine lateron and i sure hope so.

happy birthday to you Ron. have a wonderful special day!

Thank you Woodie! Birthdays don't come up here...wonder if Bob turned off the notifications....

39 and finally sunny! Light to moderate winds out of the west.
43 for the high with sunny skies....
Dipping to 30 over night!
Nice almost all week ....snow possible by Friday..

hope you had a good birthday Ron.
its 34 here this morning and sunny. going up to 54 today and sun will stay with us so that is a real treat. they are also talking snow here on friday. ugh I was hoping by now snow would be behind us. oh well, it is still winter!

Gotta put up with the crazy weather patterns, March should be interesting!

Heard my first redwing black bird!! Killdeer have also arrived back which is a few weeks early!

41 with sunny skies...light winds out of the SW.
46 for this afternoon with sunny skies.
41 for this evening, and 36 overnight.

once I see the robins Ill know spring is around the corner. they came early last yr and then it snowed. poor things must of been confused.
going up to 60 today with sunshine so thats a plus!! but still talk of snow or mix on friday, UGH

Looks like late Thursday into Friday will be the timing of this potentially dangerous snow storm...so far calling for gale force winds and 6+ inches of blowing snow! Talking about Blizzard conditions! This all depend on the track the system takes and temperature!

Update: Looks like will track through the lower Great Lakes and will stall over Lake Erie....Looks like we are in for it...this won't be a wimpy storm!!

43 with mostly sunny skies...light winds out of the south.
46 for this afternoon with mix of sun and clouds..winds shift out of the SW.
41 for this evening....fog developing...
34 overnight with fog.
36 by morning.

Last edited:
Just sitting here waiting for the snow storm to arrive.....
37 with heavy cover....light winds out of the NE.
41 for this afternoon with mixed precip....winds start to pick up. 19 mph...
34 for this evening....snow starts....expecting 26+ mph winds..snow heavy heavy at times...4"s expected
30 overnight 4"s expected...winds out of the north..26mph + stronger gusts...

Snows started around 6pm and just kept intensifying.. Snowthunder around 10pm knocked the power out for a good 15 minutes and had a few more periods of lightning......with the winds it was a wild evening....snowed all night....
Pretty much tapered off by 7 am.
Got a good 12"s!
30 with light winds out of the north....
Expecting flurries for the rest of the morning...
37 for the high with partly sunny skies this afternoon...
21 for the low tonight...

Another possible snowstorm by Weds/Thursday....

ron, hope you dont loose power. we have high winds, and rain. about 4am it turned to a slush, but then back to rain, but west of here will be in for 2 feet. its not over yet, so if the temps drop lateron we will turn back to snow. they are talking it wont be out of here until sat morn. and yes another one on wed. ugh guess winter is not done with us yet.

rained here all day and boy did we luck out. snow all around us and power outages but Im fine so far. of course the night isnt over and if the temps drop we will get snow. some totals west of us got 30 and almost 40 inches of wet concrete snow. gosh I hope all those people are ok. lots of people from work left early just to get home in one piece and without power to their homes. I hope you faired ok Ron.

Temps are not too bad after the storm....once the system moved out and the melt down started..high 37 with sunny skies.
30 this morning and sunny...heading up to 37 again this afternoon...
Snow shouldn't stick around and should be gone by the time the next system arrives late Weds/Thursday...
21 for the low tonight
40 for the high tomorrow

what a wild ride yesterday. yikes, we got all rain in kingston and all around me got tons of snow and power outages. so odd but so happy for us. a town 14 miles west got 20 inches. thats just past woodstock where I used to live and I cannot wait to see what woodstock got since Im doing communion on sunday. even further west in ski territory they got 39. yes you read that correctly. heavy wet concrete snow. I really feel for those people out there. thats also heart attack snow if you want to shovel it. hope they get a warm up.

40 today and sunny.

So glad you are alright! Been watching the weather news on what's happening on the east coast....the system we had turned into quite the monster.....1 and a half million are without power...and they are expecting another nor'easter?
We got off lightly in comparison!

Our snow compressed to 6 inch with the slow melt yesterday...Glad it is a slow melt as the ground is still saturated from all the rain we got lately..
27 with sunny skies again today..
High 36 with clear blues skies this afternoon...
Dropping to 19 overnight...

Looks like the next system is to arrive Tues/Weds from Colorado...still a wait and see until it gets closer for details...

they are talking that wed storm will be a repeat of last friday. but it will be colder so we will see more snow. yikes. when will it stop!

Still not hearing much about the Colorado Low...will probably hear something today!
All that is coming up is mix precip on Weds....high 37 low 30 .4 to 1.4 inches possible...Thursday isolated flurries high 34, low 28 1.2 inches....

25 with sunny skies again....light winds out of the north
25 this evening ...light winds out of the east
23 overnight

The Colorado Low is a whimpy one! It's weak and doesn't have much moisture!.....But, as it makes it's way to the east coast it will morph into a bugger of a system!
So, all we're expecting is light rain this afternoon, ice pellets overnight, and tomorrow a mixed bag

28 with light winds out of the east.
37 for the high ...winds out of the SE
27 for the low ...winds out of the east.

Didn't rain yesterday...has short periods of light snow that melted as it touched the ground...had freezing fog overnight....no accumulation.

30 with light tiny snowflakes falling....whisper of a wind out of the east..
Might get up to 36 this afternoon with mixed precip....no accumulations expected...winds light shifting out of the SW.
32 this evening with isolated flurries...
25 for the low slowly clearing..

We get a break tomorrow, then another weak slow Low moves in...minor amounts and mostly rain ....then another weak slow one on Monday! All 3 will slowly head to the east coast and turn into monsters!!

it wasnt bad this morning, very light snow but as the afternoon progressed it became heavier and heavier and is piling up quickly. have about 8 inches, just went out to clean off my car. its heavy and wet like concrete. wow march sure came in like a lion. cannot wait to see what the next one brings us. hoping for some spring temps really soon.

Funny! Yesterday we had snow fall most of the morning and early afternoon....but no accumulation! Ground was too warm for it!

25 with light winds out of the west...
Had a light dusting earlier this morning.
30 for this afternoon with isolated flurries...winds shift out of the SW
28 for this evening with flurries..winds shift out of the NW
27 overnight with flurries shift out of the west...

Not sure what's going to happen tomorrow! Guess it's wait and see!

I'd hate to be living on the east coast....they are getting hammered with the Nor'easter!

Shouldn't be too bad today....the latest low is breaking up!
30 with flurries...winds out of the west.
36 for the high with mixed precip for this afternoon...with winds picking up. Very little accumulations expected.
30 for this evening.
23 overnight.

Next system Monday/Tuesday

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back