What's the weather in your area? 2022 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

poetic peony

It's currently 86° in NE Ohio, but that's about 10° cooler than yesterday and day before. We had a 10 minute rain complete with thunder around noon, and I think it knocked some of the humidity out. Right now it's tolerable. I'd like it cooler though.

Doug in Alaska

cold cold and cold news just said -6 in my town without the wind chill

Mainegal and Crabbergirl,
It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum, needed to spend most of my time dealing with the dogs and herding trials so kind of let gardening rest. Anyway, glad to see you are both still here and posting your gardening experiences.
Doug in AK

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Doug, Hi Peony! Great to see you back!

Bit cooler and a bit less humid this morning after a cool front passed through!
79 with a humidex of 90.....light winds out of the east..
88 for this afternoon with a humidex of 99...winds shifting out of the NE...no rain for today.
82 this evening...humidex 93..
68 overnight with a humidex of 79....winds back out of the east....

woodstock

another hot one here, a nice toasty 93 here today altho there is a breeze and it doesnt feel too overwhelming in the shade. but its still morning and it will heat up more as the day goes on. they are saying we will get a break for sat and sunday, less humidity and cooler. maybe 58 at night which would be a plus rather than the 78 we are having. one can only hope they are correct because this is ridiculous!!! mother nature is not playing nice at all!!!

poetic peony

Hello! It's nice to be back. Much less humidity here today, but the next 2 days are supposed to be miserable again. My last columbine dropped its petals, but my daylilies someone here sent me are blooming their hearts out.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is another hot day. It is 99 here at 5:30pm. Wind is down today only 5 mph. And humidity is 30%.
tomorrow is to be cooler. We shall see.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a bit cooler yesterday with lower humidity.....a one day blip!
Yup! Another hot sticky one!
81 with a few clouds.....humidex 93...light winds out of the NE....
90+ this afternoon ...humidex 106....winds shift out of the east.
86 for this evening...humidex 102....
75 overnight....humidex 93,,,with winds shifting out of the south.

woodstock

welcome doug. love your dog picture. 80 is what we are supposed to get this weekend and it will be a welcome change. still steamy here with high humidity. thats the killer, humidity. the heat is fine without it. had 95 yesterday and expecting that again today. they are talking thunderstorms later tonight, and then the cool air, hurry up Ron, Im waiting. 7 days of this nonsense and its wearing thin. hope everyone had a good 4th of july celebration.

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday was an interesting day. We had 1.69 inches of rain throughout the day but it cleared up in time for the fireworks.
70 degrees this morning when waking but a predicted high of 91 this afternoon.
winds are out of the E at 6 mph and humidity is 100%.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awful here yesterday, and looks pretty much the same for today.....High Humidex!!
Already 81 with a humidex of 100...light winds out of the SW...
84+ for this afternoon...humidex 104+ winds stronger at 13 mph ...chance of pop-up thunderstorms.
81 for this evening...humidex 100 with 60% risk of thunderstorms..... winds 14 mph .....higher during thunderstorms...
Cold front passes through this evening so thunderstorms probable overnight..
66 for the low tonight....humidex 72....about time....tomorrow and Sat high 75! Sweet! We need a break!

woodstock

steamy as heck this morning, but now thunderstorms have rolled in, which we desperately needed. lateron tonight the cool canadian front comes thru and by tomorrow morning we should be 55 thank GOD! these past 7 days have been murder. thankfully we didnt have our elec go out.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cooler and low humidity for the next 2 days!!!!! WooHoo!!
68...humidex 75....light winds out of the north....mainly sunny.
73....humidex 77 for this afternoon...
70 this evening ...humidex 73...
59 overnight...

woodstock

thank you Ron, had thunderstorms yesterday morning and by afternoon the breeze picked up and cooled us down.. 56 this morning and refreshing, so wonderful to have all the windows opened again. this weekend will be perfect weather. today it will be 79 tomorrow it will be about 84. low humidity too.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
59 last night...nice for sleeping!
64 with clear blues skies...humidex is low at 73...light winds out of the east.
77 for this afternoon with sunny skies...humidex 81.....winds shift out of the south.
73 this evening.....humidex 79....
63 overnight.....

Tomorrow we start heating up....again!

woodstock

56 again this morning and it was so nice to be able to sleep with the windows opened and feel the coolness. going to 84 today with little humidity.
tomorrow we heat up again with some humidity but not as bad as as it was last week. still the summer is just starting so a long way to go to be comfortable. hopefully summer will be nice to us. yeah right. can I put my order in please.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
still the summer is just starting so a long way to go
You are so right on that!! I wouldn't dare try to make a prediction of what's to come!! Hoping we get some nice breaks from the HHH!!

73 Sunny skies with slowly increasing humidity.....humidex 81...light winds out of the SW
81 for this afternoon with sunny skies.....humidex 86.
75 for this evening....humidex 82....winds shift out of the south.
66 overnight...humidex 73

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
73 with clear blue skies! Humidex 84.....light winds out of the SW.
82 for this afternoon ...humidex 93.
77 for this evening...humidex 88
68 overnight...humidex 79.....
Yuckier tomorrow!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday we had rain most of the day. A couple of inches total. Today is not going to have rain. They say the sun will be coming out and the temps will be back up to 95. Oh well a rainy, cooler day was nice

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com